Frustrated....need help

Author
emandm
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 8
2012/06/07 13:52:04 (permalink)

Frustrated....need help

Hi,..I am nearing the end of my trailer build and am having difficulty finding the right propane regulator.  There are no propane professionals in my area that will do this type of work or even offer information.  I've searched the forums and cannot find what i'm looking for so am asking for any help or pics you may have.  I have 4 pcs of equipment...fryer 114,000 btu, griddle  56,000 btu, grill 25,000 btu and stove 30,000btu.  They all have their own regulators except the fryer.  The mfg says i need a step down or 2 stage regulator at the pump to give 11" wc.  I have found integral 2 stage regulators online....is this what im looking for....should i go over the btus just to be safe.  I should mention they are all piped with 3/4" black iron with shutoffs.  I would also like to know what your setup from the tank to the main pipe looks like. Is it hard piped or a hose  Any info is appreciated...im doing my best with limited time and budget...thanks  mike

5 Replies Related Threads

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2090
    Re:Frustrated....need help 2012/06/07 19:41:47 (permalink)
    Either a single stage or a 2 stage regulator at the tank should work as long as it will out-put the 11" wc pressure.   A 2 stage regulator will be a little more expensive, but by design will be more accurate and have fine adjustment range.
    The piping system you described (regulator at the tank & regulator at the equipment) is a '2 stage pressure step down' system.  Verify the minimum required pressure from the tank (11" wc) to the 2nd regulator. The 2nd regulators are stepping down to a low pressure as required by the appliance.  these may or may not be adjustable.

Verify the fryer does operate at 11" wc supply pressure.

At the tank, use a flex hose/pipe from the 3/4 bi between the regulator and tank.

emandm
    Junior Burger
    Re:Frustrated....need help 2012/06/09 16:12:33 (permalink)
    Thank you very much for the reply
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1994
    Re:Frustrated....need help 2012/06/09 22:58:39 (permalink)

kingofcreams
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 114
    Re:Frustrated....need help 2012/06/13 09:25:42 (permalink)
    emandm

Hi,..I am nearing the end of my trailer build and am having difficulty finding the right propane regulator.  There are no propane professionals in my area that will do this type of work or even offer information.  I've searched the forums and cannot find what i'm looking for so am asking for any help or pics you may have.  I have 4 pcs of equipment...fryer 114,000 btu, griddle  56,000 btu, grill 25,000 btu and stove 30,000btu.  They all have their own regulators except the fryer.  The mfg says i need a step down or 2 stage regulator at the pump to give 11" wc.  I have found integral 2 stage regulators online....is this what im looking for....should i go over the btus just to be safe.  I should mention they are all piped with 3/4" black iron with shutoffs.  I would also like to know what your setup from the tank to the main pipe looks like. Is it hard piped or a hose  Any info is appreciated...im doing my best with limited time and budget...thanks  mike

This is my set up. I am only using 1 tank so I don't need an auto change over type regulator. Here is the link to the regulator I purchased and have used with no issues whatsoever : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120915972913
    It feeds my hot water heater, 56k btu griddle and my 105k btu deep fryer. One thing I had to do was convert the regulator for my griddle to propane but it was simple. After that no adjustment should ever need to be made to it. Also, the reason why you see a seperate regulator for your grills and not your fryer is because fryers use a combination gas valve (regulator built into the gas valve). Whereas the other applicances have external regulators with no gas valve. So that your not confused... you must install any regulator your equipment came with just upsteam (before) of the appliance. The regulator I supplied the link to is also necessary to get the 11" wc (water column) needed so the appliance regulator can further drop the pressure of the propane down. Without it you will ruin your appliance regulators and the regulator portion of the gas valve in your fryer. The one I used (above) supplies up to 350,000 btu/hour so this would work for you just fine.

post edited by kingofcreams - 2012/06/13 09:28:41
    emandm
    Junior Burger
    Re:Frustrated....need help 2012/06/13 20:56:30 (permalink)
    Thank you so much for the info and pics.  I really appreciate it....I'm getting the gas finished tomorrow and hopefully all the water tanks and faucets setup.  I'm over budget and past my expected deadline but seeing the light.  I'll post progress as time permits but thanks to all of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1