The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Funniest thing to happen to you in a restaurant

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
Funniest thing to happen to you in a restaurant Tue, 05/31/11 5:10 PM (permalink)
What was the funniest incident you ever had in a restaurant?

For me, it was in a (I think defunct, at least in New York City) Dosanko Larmen (Japanese noodle chain) in New York. I was rather fond of their seasonal (summer) hiyashi larmen; sort of a cross between cold noodles and a chef's salad, and, it being summer and lunchtime, I convinced a friend I was with to accompany me. Now, for probably cultural reasons, the waitstaff generally took a long time to serve water, and I didn't drink sugared drinks, cola, or hot beverages, so water was my only reasonable choice. I told my friend, "It's a great restaurant, but you could die before they'd serve you a drink of water."

Now, one thing I did not mention is that another dressing served with the hiyashi larmen is hot mustard, I typically put both dressings on, then mix well. Unfortunately, on that day, I did not mix well enough, and got almost all the hot mustard in a single bite.

I started coughing, choking, and sputtering. As this was happening, a waitress, carrying two glasses of water, walks by, looks at me, and keeps walking. As best I could, through the coughing, choking and sputtering (and much to the combined amusement and relief of my friend) said, "You see? I told you!"

Bart

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
    Re:Funniest thing to happen to you in a restaurant Tue, 05/31/11 6:01 PM (permalink)
    In the early 1980 or 81, living on the beach in LA, and with LITTLE or NO regard for the norm, I double dated with my neighbor next door, a Doc at UCLA, his girlfriend fixed me up with a very attractive blind date with a terrific sense of humor, we went to the only true Egyptian restaurant in West LA at the time, I was feeling no pain, after a few MORE drinks I went into the men's, took a roll of toilet paper and wrapped from the top of my head, with a eye slit, to as far down my body as I could, about my waist, then ran out and ran all over the restaurant yelling" I AM FEELING VERY EGYPTIAN", the entire place cracked up, even the managers, after I un mummyfied myself and sat down the place applauded, my table was sent many drinks, shook many hands, people wanted to know who I was, typical LA, And my date ended happily ever after! True story! Then there was the time in Oxnard.....

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
      Re:Funniest thing to happen to you in a restaurant Tue, 05/31/11 7:31 PM (permalink)
      This didn't happen to me personally but since it has almost happened to me personally I have no problem believing it. Someone told a story(probably on here) about an older waitress in a Waffle house I think getting a sneezing fit and in the process her dentures flew out of her mouth and onto someone's table.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com