Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction"

Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3985
2011/10/15 18:34:41 (permalink)

Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction"

Only a few years ago Fuzzy's Taco had only a single store near TCU in Ft. Worth.  Since, even during these horrible economic times, they have literally EXPLODED.  Presently, they have 42 stores in 7 states.  Stores are opening soon in four more states, as far east as Georgia and as far North as Wicsonsin.

They are insanely good (IMHO).  I just "discovered" them a few months ago from rave reviews on Urban Spoon.  Their shredded garlic beef, shredded pork, and "boracho beans" are, to me, positively addicting.  And, you don't have to go searching for the meat in their tacos; they are blessedly generous with their goodness.

In fact, their motto is "Welcome to your new addiction".  If there ever is truth in advertising, that is it!   http://www.fuzzystacoshop.com/index.html

(I was an original customer in Five Guys' first store.  It took them years to open their second and more than a decade to open their third.  By those standards Fuzzy's growth since 2005 is "off the charts" and has accelerated since 2005.  If you live in Cali or the East Coast megaplex, here is a franchise opportunity!  I have no pecuniary interest in Fuzzy's, but wish I did!)

11 Replies Related Threads

senor boogie woogie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/16 09:32:16 (permalink)
    Awful name. Sounds like a vulgarism of a woman's sexual organ. I am also imagining a Tommy Chong looking dude with a Hawaiian shirt as a manager. Selling "Fuzzy Tacos........man."
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/16 10:46:24 (permalink)
    senor boogie woogie

Awful name. Sounds like a vulgarism of a woman's sexual organ. I am also imagining a Tommy Chong looking dude with a Hawaiian shirt as a manager. Selling "Fuzzy Tacos........man."

I get your point which reminds me of the old joke:  "If the Lord didn't want man to eat .... why did he make it look like a taco?"

Therefore, I suggest that you try one of Fuzzy's soft tacos.  They are served flat so that you may roll it into any shape that pleases!
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/16 11:04:13 (permalink)
    I just checked their site.  They are now open in 9 states with Wisconsin and Georgia "opening soon".

Having done it twice (with some modest success) back in the 1990's I have no desire to go back into the franchised fast food biz.  If however, that is an itch that some in Cali or the East Coast Megalopolis want to scratch, this "Fuzzy" thing is something worth looking into.  And again, on my honor as a gentleman, I will state that I have no pecuniary interest whatsoever in Fuzzy's. 

Further, even though I have an expertise born of experience in the FFF restaurant biz, I have no idea whether or not "Fuzzy" is a sound or viable financial concept.  Quizno's and Cold Stone Creamery put out fine product, but the streets are littered with disgruntled franchisees. 

My opinion of Fuzzy's is strictly my tastebuds talking

I haven't felt this way about a FFF concept since the late 1980's when I wandered totally by accident into the first Five Guy's store (NE corner of S. Glebe & Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA).
    post edited by MetroplexJim - 2011/10/16 11:10:40
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 776
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/17 14:19:48 (permalink)
    senor boogie woogie

Guess you never head of Pink Taco in Las Vegas huh?

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10071
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/18 04:04:22 (permalink)
    fishtaco

senor boogie woogie

And Scottsdale AZ. It closed within a couple years. The food was lousy and the concept was too distasteful for the locals.
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/10/18 04:09:52
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8317
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/18 08:04:53 (permalink)
    When they arrive in Wisconsin, I will give them a go.The name doesnt bother me-after all, my favorite sub is from a place named SuBURPia.
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/18 11:00:50 (permalink)
    fishtaco

senor boogie woogie

Sounds delicious!
    ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/18 11:47:48 (permalink)
    ann peeples

When they arrive in Wisconsin, I will give them a go.The name doesnt bother me-after all, my favorite sub is from a place named SuBURPia.

According to the website they're on University Avenue in Madison, fairly close to UW.  Google Maps doesn't show them yet but it looks like they've been open for about a year or so:

http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50526

Brad
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/19 09:43:08 (permalink)
    I think I see a marketing plan here.  The Wisconsin store is in Madison, Oklahoma's is in Norman ...  coming soon to Athens, GA and Lafayette, IN. 

As the launching pad for them was TCU in Ft. Worth I can see the wisdom of the Tommy Chong comment from senor boogie woogie! 
    ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/19 10:14:29 (permalink)
    Years ago I emailed the White Castle people with a similar plan, pointing out that a location close to a major university with a reputation as a party school might yield some significant revenue, especially on weekends.

For some reason they did not agree.

Brad
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Fuzzy's Tacos - "Welcome to your new Addiction" 2011/10/21 08:01:42 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken

Years ago I emailed the White Castle people with a similar plan, pointing out that a location close to a major university with a reputation as a party school might yield some significant revenue, especially on weekends.

For some reason they did not agree.

Brad

They are fools.

Re:  Fuzzy in AZ:  Scottsdale, Smhotzdale; they are in Tempe!  If I had to guess, coming soon to State College, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, Irvine, Berkeley, Ann Arbor, Blacksburg, Morgantown, Tallahassee ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1