The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 22, messages 181 to 210 of 644
ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 1:23 PM (permalink)
I know! Me, Roz, Paul, Pete and Bushie!

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 1:25 PM (permalink)
    I think its an oyster for us!

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 1:38 PM (permalink)
      CHiTown Diner, Paul, Roz, Pverty Pete, and Ann.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 1:46 PM (permalink)
        Yes, ChiTownDiner!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 3:13 PM (permalink)
          Will Work,,,   gets the prize !!! 

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6256
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 4:12 PM (permalink)
            What am I?? Chopped liver??

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 5:37 PM (permalink)
              Yayyyyy!!!!!!  I won!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 01/23/13 11:45 PM (permalink)
                Will Work...I'll put an oyster in the glove box of my truck tomorrow (Jan. 24th)  It will be very well "Dry-Aged" by the time we get it to Mobile ! Those  Ohio River Oysters are best when served "Aged" !
                AL

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:13 AM (permalink)
                  mayor al

Will Work...I'll put an oyster in the glove box of my truck tomorrow (Jan. 24th)  It will be very well "Dry-Aged" by the time we get it to Mobile ! Those  Ohio River Oysters are best when served "Aged" !
                  AL

Uhhhh....yummy? 

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:56 AM (permalink)
                    will_work_4_bbq-
                    Since Mariton and I are getting into Mobile on Wednesday, that will allow us to do some running around in Southern Alabama, plus Mississippi and Florida.  One of the restaurants on our "must visit" list is your recommendation, Hamburger King in Montgomery.  I was outside of it last year and it sure looks like my kind of place!

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 10:33 AM (permalink)
                      buffetbuster

will_work_4_bbq-
                      Since Mariton and I are getting into Mobile on Wednesday, that will allow us to do some running around in Southern Alabama, plus Mississippi and Florida.  One of the restaurants on our "must visit" list is your recommendation, Hamburger King in Montgomery.  I was outside of it last year and it sure looks like my kind of place!

Excellent!  I hope you enjoy it!  It is very busy during the traditional lunch hour....go before or a little after (but before they close at 2pm) to talk to the owner.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 10:39 AM (permalink)
                        buffetbuster

will_work_4_bbq-

BB:  Roz and I will be driving thru Montgomery around 10:00AM Friday and we may stop there.  Where is it located?  We have found the good stops south of there few and far between.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 10:48 AM (permalink)
                          will_work_4_bbq-
                          Will do!  I am very much looking forward to it.

Paul-
                          Lynn is undoubtedly better qualified to answer that question, but it is very close to downtown.  The reason I have never been there before is that they are only open at lunch time, Monday through Friday, but that shouldn't be a problem for you with the time you are driving through.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 11:01 AM (permalink)
                            On friday after a light breakfast at O'Henry's Coffee House in suburban homewood outside of Birmingham we will probably finish our sightseeing in Birmingham or continue down to Montgomery to begin our sightseeing there and hope to have lunch at Isaiah's Restaurant

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 11:15 AM (permalink)
                              Sundancer7

BB:  Roz and I will be driving thru Montgomery around 10:00AM Friday and we may stop there.  Where is it located?  We have found the good stops south of there few and far between.

Paul E. Smith
                              Knoxville, TN

Paul,

Here are the address and phone for Hamburger King:

Address: 547 S Decatur St, Montgomery, AL 36104
                              Phone:(334) 262-1798

It is off the interstate - I-85 - on a one way street going towards the interstate, so you have to exit and double back around.  If you google Hamburger King Montgomery, you'll get a good map.
                              Yummy!

WJ - will see you guys on the road!

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 11:28 AM (permalink)
                                wanderingjew

continue down to Montgomery to begin our sightseeing there and hope to have lunch at Isaiah's Restaurant
                                We plan on doing a Hamburger King and Isaiah's doubleheader.  It has been four years since I was last at Isaiah's and hopefully they are still just as good.  

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 11:32 AM (permalink)
                                  buffetbuster

wanderingjew

continue down to Montgomery to begin our sightseeing there and hope to have lunch at Isaiah's Restaurant
                                  We plan on doing a Hamburger King and Isaiah's doubleheader.  It has been four years since I was last at Isaiah's and hopefully they are still just as good.  

Buffetbuster
                                  You know a double header is way too much for us....

Any plans to be in Montgomery on Friday afternoon? If so then perhaps we can coordinate meeting for lunch?
                                  --
                                  will_work_4_bbq

Looking forward to it.

<message edited by wanderingjew on Thu, 01/24/13 11:35 AM>

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 1:03 PM (permalink)
                                    WJ-
                                    Not 100% sure if we will be in Montgomery on Thursday or Friday.  If it does end up being Friday, then we will absolutely coordinate lunch.
                                    <message edited by buffetbuster on Thu, 01/24/13 3:29 PM>

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 3:24 PM (permalink)
                                      We will wave as we go by on I-65.  MAY try an early lunch at Bob Sykes BBQ in Bessemmer, but then again we will be focused on the Seafood at Wintzells, with check in and the Happy Hour coming fairly early that afternoon.
                                      AL/Jan/Ann

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 3:38 PM (permalink)
                                        mayor al

Hey Where's ChiTwnDiner??? Gregg, What's up??   Paging the Chicago representative... Check in Please.  I know it is close to St Valentines Day, but we are offering a "Safe Haven" from the Mob !!

See you in Mobile!  Up the reservation list by one!

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 3:39 PM (permalink)
                                          The Jib Jab sold me! 

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 4:22 PM (permalink)
                                            I knew you'd rise to the promise of "Stardom" !! Looking forwarding to seeing you again, M'Friend ! 
                                            That photo of you with the giant Pork Chop at Knock'em Hill will live to haunt you over and over !!!

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3591
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 4:24 PM (permalink)
                                              Ok, forgive me for not reading the whole thread to catch up with things. What are the actual dates of the meeting? I am trying to see if I can fly into Mobile and ride in one of the parades with my friend in his car. He's done it before and we have been talking about dates already for one of the parades:

Some of you might remember the car from the pics on my review a few years ago of the Hickory House BBQ in Robertsdale, AL.
                                              http://www.roadfood.com/R...7346/hickory-house-bbq
                                              Anyways, I am trying to crunch numbers and dates and see if I can squeeze in a trip to visit my friend and attend some of the Glee Club Events. If there was one page with the entire list of events and days, let me know and I'll look it up. I would love to meet everyone that I haven't already met!

Ed

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                                ChiTownDiner

mayor al

Hey Where's ChiTwnDiner??? Gregg, What's up??   Paging the Chicago representative... Check in Please.  I know it is close to St Valentines Day, but we are offering a "Safe Haven" from the Mob !!

Fantastic! lleechef and I are looking forward to it.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                                  ChiTownDiner

mayor al

Do I still have to keep the secret?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 7:43 PM (permalink)
                                                    Ed,  The Glee Club will "Officially" meet Friday evening, Feb 15 at Wintzells Oyster  House for the Opening dinner.  The formal dinner (Hawaiian Shirt Night) will be at the Brick Pit BBQ Saturday evening the 16th. Saturdays daytime adventures will be organized - informally- at the Friday evening session...as will a Sunday Morning breakfast/brunch.  This is the Weekend following Mardi-Gras. As you may have ready some of the group will arrive in Mobile a day or so early.  Many of the group are staying at the Admiral Semmes Hotel downtown but accomdations of various types are apparently wide open.
                                                    We'd love to have you join us for the weekend.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6256
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 8:01 PM (permalink)
                                                      Ok, wj what secret??  You know you have to tell me!

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 8:38 PM (permalink)
                                                        Oh, Lord-you have NO idea how excited I am to see you all.........

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 902
                                                          • Location: Ocean City, NJ
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 8:53 PM (permalink)
                                                          Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.  I hope there will be lots of pictures!

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 902
                                                            • Location: Ocean City, NJ
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 8:53 PM (permalink)
                                                            Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time.  I hope there will be lots of pictures!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 22, messages 181 to 210 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 4 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com