GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS?

Author
mtstillman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/06/17 12:50:40 (permalink)

GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS?

Going on a solo (yes, by myself) trip to Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, and the local environs... what should I not miss?  Not so concerned with NE boiled lobster dinner... can get that anywhere.  Any other specialties I shouldn't miss?  Lobster Pie?  Blueberry Pie?  Any other seafood specialties?  What do you think?  Please let me know your thoughts.

4 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13475
    Re:GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS? 2014/06/17 13:05:13 (permalink)
    There is a place downtown that sells soft serve blueberry ice cream.  Double outstanding and across from the park.  There is also a place across the street that sells blueberry beer.  Very very good.  I also stopped down the route that follows the ocean at a place that is a lobster pound.  Young's lobster pound in Belfast ME.  Great setting in a barn with hundreds of lobsters in stainless steel tanks constantly fed by ocean water.  Enjoy a great lobster with their veggies.  They do not sell beer.  Beer sure to travel the entire route to the top of the mountain where you will enjoy a 360 degree view of the area.  It is entirely rock and beyond beautiful.
    http://youngslobsterpound.webs.com/

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10072
    Re:GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS? 2014/06/17 14:16:12 (permalink)
    Isle au Haut is a town in Knox County, Maine, United States, on an island of the same name in Penobscot Bay. The population was 73 at the 2010 census. Home to portions of Acadia National Park, Isle au Haut is accessible by mailboat from Stonington.
    If you go to Isle au Haut, ME look up the Maine Lobster Lady. She Summers on the Island and Winters in Phoenix. I helped her get her concessions trailer operational down here. http://www.mainelobsterlady.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/mainelobsterlady
    This is her shed in ME. She keeps the trailer in AZ.

Howard Baratz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 449
    Re:GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS? 2014/06/19 14:46:36 (permalink)
    1) Cafe This Way - A funky breakfast joint in Bar Harbor
    2) Jordan Pond House - Very good food and fabulous popovers served in a lovely outdoor setting right in the park
    3) Cleonice Mediterranean Bistro - Excellent, unique tapas in Ellsworth, ME
    4) Morton's Moo - Great family-run ice cream shop in Ellsworth, ME
    5) Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound - Although you said that the boiled lobster thing was not your focus, we found this place in Trenton, ME exceptional 
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10074
    Re:GOING TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AREA... WHAT SHOULDN'T I MISS? 2014/06/19 15:07:21 (permalink)
    Howard, I tried to eat at the Jordan Pond House while at Acadia over Memorial Day weekend.  Just my luck, they didn't open until June 1st this year. 

Here is the Roadfood review.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1