Ga. Pig BBQ Closed

Author
RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 191
2012/05/03 06:35:44 (permalink)

Ga. Pig BBQ Closed

Don't know why or for how long ,the Ga. Pig BBQ in Brunswick off of 95 is closed ! the sign is down and the parking lot closed off. Will update if i find out more.

Jim  Waynesville ga.

10 Replies Related Threads

phatphil
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 669
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/03 08:49:08 (permalink)
    a gas station bought the property from the pigs landlord, there is a section in here somewhere that they bought out or merged with a diff restaurant down the road

RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/03 20:53:07 (permalink)
    Any idea who and where they merged with ? I looked and couldn,t find anything on it here !

Jim
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 565
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/04 12:09:53 (permalink)

The latest I heard is that Southern Soul BBQ (of nearby St. Simons Island) bought them, and plan to open another Southern Soul location. 

Glenn

euclid
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/05 10:43:36 (permalink)
    I was there last week and the Pig is closed. But take heart. Five miles North on 17 is Gary Lees on the right. It is a small ggrocery stoe in business for many years. We ordered a rack of ribs and a pound of brisket. Both were tremendous. I might add, there were many customers who had ordered take out in quantities of pounds. IMO, much better than the Pig. I thought I would be passing by RT. 17 going forward. Not. Gary Lees is the real stuff. And by the way, I never saw the locals hauling out pounds of que from the Pig. Nuff said!

Euclid
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7834
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/05 10:47:50 (permalink)
    euclid

I was there last week and the Pig is closed. But take heart. Five miles North on 17 is Gary Lees on the right. It is a small ggrocery stoe in business for many years. We ordered a rack of ribs and a pound of brisket. Both were tremendous. I might add, there were many customers who had ordered take out in quantities of pounds. IMO, much better than the Pig. I thought I would be passing by RT. 17 going forward. Not. Gary Lees is the real stuff. And by the way, I never saw the locals hauling out pounds of que from the Pig. Nuff said!

Euclid

Ummm.....so how is their chopped or pulled pork and brunswick stew?
    euclid
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/05 11:10:06 (permalink)
    Unable to speak to that. But if the quality of their other offerings are on par with their ribs and brisket, and I assume they will  be, they should be outstanding as well. Having now tried their food, my next stop will be a dine in; some tables are available. Will then explore their full menu offerings. In small quantities of course. I did note they did have several other items on the offering board.

Euclid
    chickenplucker
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 197
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/05 11:30:00 (permalink)
    I drive by Gary Lee's while working every other week. Do they have an area to sit down and eat?
    euclid
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/05 13:59:22 (permalink)
    Yes they do. Modest but more than adequate. As a plus, they are very friendly. When I ate their que, it was at room temperature and outstanding. I can well imagine eating it hot...superb. You are in for an amazing culinary experience.
       I was at that exit in early April and when I stopped to gas up, I asked the gals behind the counter whether Gary Lees was any good. They replied, my yes, we order out at least two times a week and proceeded to give me Gary Lees phone number. I also asked about the Pig and they, kiddingly I think, told me the health department closed it.
       I will look forward with more than a bit of curiosity as to whether you find it as good as I did.

Euclid
    RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/06 07:54:28 (permalink)
      I must confess to driving by Gary Lee's everyday back and forth to work and never trying it in the 3 yrs. i have been here, but heard it was good. If you go there don't expect a resturant, it's more like a general store feel and has a few tables for seating. Alway busy around lunch when i go by on days off.

Another new place is Baby Mack's BBQ on 341, just west of 95. Opened by relative of the late owner of the former Mack's BBQ on Rt. 17 . Eaten there once chopped pork was great, moist and nice amount of smoke.

Jim
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 408
    Re:Ga. Pig BBQ Closed 2012/05/06 09:39:03 (permalink)
    euclid

Euclid

Yes, indeed, Gary Lee's Grocery is the real deal!! Technically, it's at the exit for U.S. 17, but really is on U.S. 82 I believe.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1