Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House

Author
startrooper00
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 110
2005/08/03 21:40:42 (permalink)

Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House

Ok..This should be an interesting topic.

I am going to Gatlingburg in mid September and was wondering about which pancake houses are the best. I went on-line and found about 5 that are there (minimum) and I was just trying to get a feel for them. Anyone care to comment?

9 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13480
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/04 13:47:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by startrooper00

Ok..This should be an interesting topic.

I am going to Gatlingburg in mid September and was wondering about which pancake houses are the best. I went on-line and found about 5 that are there (minimum) and I was just trying to get a feel for them. Anyone care to comment?

I can tell you the most popular and that is the Pancake Pantry located on the main street of Gatlinburg. It is not far from the aquariam. Be prepared for a wait.

It has been there for better than 40 years.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/07 10:09:01 (permalink)
    Log Cabin Pancake House on Airport Rd has been there for a very long time and is always ranked highly by visitors. There are a lot of pancake houses in G'burg and Pigeon Forge. Must be something about the mountain air that makes people hungry for pancakes.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13480
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/11 22:27:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by carlton pierre

Log Cabin Pancake House on Airport Rd has been there for a very long time and is always ranked highly by visitors. There are a lot of pancake houses in G'burg and Pigeon Forge. Must be something about the mountain air that makes people hungry for pancakes.

It must be cause they taste so dad gum good

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Bogeyman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/16 07:00:15 (permalink)
    Pancake Pantry & the Log Cabin Pancake House are both very good. Would go to either one again & have.
    unocal76
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/18 23:48:46 (permalink)
    do they have flavors like the ones you can get at pancake pantry in nashville?? and speaking of nashville, do you all still recommend the loveless for breakfast (since it expanded?) thanks!
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/19 01:37:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by unocal76

do they have flavors like the ones you can get at pancake pantry in nashville?? and speaking of nashville, do you all still recommend the loveless for breakfast (since it expanded?) thanks!

I have not been there since the remodel but i will bet you dollars to donuts that it will be better then Denny's! Maybe you should go for it and give us a review--i'd LOVE to get feedback from someone i know will know!--if ya know what i mean! ----on the other hand--there a SO MANY places in Nashville that i havent been but have heard wonderful things about here--last time thru there we where not able to really stop---nextime--Nashville needs a weekend i think--at least.
    Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2295
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/19 04:04:58 (permalink)
    I actually think the Loveless is better than ever. Prior to closing, the biscuits had not impressed me in years, but now I look forward to having them when I go. I had stopped going in recent times, but have been returning about monthly since the remodel.
    unocal76
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/19 10:14:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

I have not been there since the remodel but i will bet you dollars to donuts that it will be better then Denny's! Maybe you should go for it and give us a review--i'd LOVE to get feedback from someone i know will know!--if ya know what i mean! ----on the other hand--there a SO MANY places in Nashville that i havent been but have heard wonderful things about here--last time thru there we where not able to really stop---nextime--Nashville needs a weekend i think--at least.

hey tiki - thanks for your confidence in me i am going to have SO MUCH to post when i settle in that's for sure. anyway, the last (and only) time i was in nashville i was carless so i was limited in my eating sojourns. i did make it out to the pancake pantry tho (had the yummy pecan pancakes) and had a pulled pork sandwich at jack's on lower broadway. it was good, but i dont remember all the details (i also had lunch at this spaghetti steak place called demo's - ever hear of it or been there? it is a retro very southerny type place; needless to say i liked it). i'm very much looking forward tho to stopping at ridgewood in bluff city and hay's in lexington for their pork sandwiches. and i think ill only do a day or 2 in nashville tops since i did a weekend last time and got in a few things i wanted to see/do. ill be too anxious to get to memphis, then onto MS, then onto LA...well you know the drill...ciao!
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Gatlingburg, TN - Pancake House 2005/08/19 12:01:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by unocal76

quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

hey tiki - thanks for your confidence in me i am going to have SO MUCH to post when i settle in that's for sure. anyway, the last (and only) time i was in nashville i was carless so i was limited in my eating sojourns. i did make it out to the pancake pantry tho (had the yummy pecan pancakes) and had a pulled pork sandwich at jack's on lower broadway. it was good, but i dont remember all the details (i also had lunch at this spaghetti steak place called demo's - ever hear of it or been there? it is a retro very southerny type place; needless to say i liked it). i'm very much looking forward tho to stopping at ridgewood in bluff city and hay's in lexington for their pork sandwiches. and i think ill only do a day or 2 in nashville tops since i did a weekend last time and got in a few things i wanted to see/do. ill be too anxious to get to memphis, then onto MS, then onto LA...well you know the drill...ciao!

Hays is FABULOUS!! --remember FRI and SAT only!!!! -till the meats gone!--and it goes!--if your gonna hit the clubs in Memphis--dont pass up that deep fried burger!!! Get the Double Cheese!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1