The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

George's Bar-B-Q is closed--BUT it's still the same

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
George's Bar-B-Q is closed--BUT it's still the same Mon, 05/31/10 10:51 PM (permalink)
Today I went to Owensboro, Kentucky to check out a rumor that I had heard about George's Bar-B-Q, a restaurant especially known for its burgoo as well as its barbecue.  I had heard that it had burned down, but fortunately that was not the case.

In October or November it was sold, and it had been closed until March of this year (2010) when it reopened as Dee's Diner.

I went inside and started asking questions.  The exterior was the same.  The interior was the same.  The menu (with a few minor additions) was the same.  They had the same recipes.  They even had the same cook.

I wanted to make sure that the food tasted the same.  So the cook brought out a free cup of burgoo for me to try.  It was as good as ever!  It still is the gold standard for burgoo in western Kentucky as far as I'm concerned.  So everybody can relax.  Nothing has changed.

Really the only thing that Stephen Rushmore has to do is change the name from George's to Dee's Diner.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17810
    Re:George's Bar-B-Q is closed--BUT it's still the same Mon, 05/31/10 10:59 PM (permalink)
    Dee's Diner has some of the worst food I've ever encountered anywhere. Of course the Dee's Diner I'm talking about is on U.S. 33 outside Nelsonville, Ohio. The food there is so bad I keep going back and eating to see if anything has changed.

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
      Re:George's Bar-B-Q is closed--BUT it's still the same Mon, 05/31/10 11:11 PM (permalink)
      I've had a few enjoyable meals at George's over the years, and it's nice to know that the really important stuff there hasn't changed. Hope it stays that way too.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com