The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Getting better..

LarryRickenbacker

• Total Posts: 36
Getting better.. Sun, 09/3/06 9:39 PM (permalink)
Howdy,

My Home Depot location is starting to get better. I've now got my electricity and a nice banner sign, which combine with this holiday weekend have been an appreciated boost.
I posted previuosly about my Snobiz cart at a Home Depot in Bossier City, La. not doing well. Recently the 100 degree temps have lessened to a more tolerable upper 80's/low 90's along with a slight decrease in humidty! I'm selling dogs, Nachos AND my sno-cones with better success. I hit upon the idea of grilling red onions, which sems to reel 'em in like fish!
I actually had the enviable "problem" of running low on thawed Kent hot dogs! I had a heck of a time thawing out a large bag of them in my kitchen sink with warm water, LOL. Managed to get it done in 40 minutes. I keep a host of name brand condiments which seem to please everyone. To my surprise, Mayo is a distant second to mustard with my customers on my 'dogs! Here in NW La., this shouldn't be such a big surprise after all.
For once my wife and I are encouraged. Let's hope buisness continues after this hiliday weekend. So many people comment on our Kent 'dogs, I think they're an under-rated "barker".

LarryRickenbacker

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Getting better.. Sun, 09/3/06 10:59 PM (permalink)
    Hey Larry... A member here, named CowboyBob used to say he kept onions grilling just for the smell. Would lure in customers big time. Onions where cheap enough that you could toss the old stuff with little loss in cost. Not sure what happened with the master there, but received an email from him about a month ago saying he was out of the hot dog biz. (Probably went on to write short stories which are really awesome - I know, he emailed me a couple of proofs)...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com