Ghiradella

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13565
2004/08/12 19:09:41 (permalink)

Ghiradella

I think I mis spelled this wonderful brand but I was in downtown Disney and had the very berry and it was super. I wish we had one in Knoxville, TN but it ain't that way.

The first time I enjoyed this brand was in San Francisco about 10 years ago. They are doing a super job.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

5 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Ghiradella 2004/08/12 23:02:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

I think I mis spelled this wonderful brand but I was in downtown Disney and had the very berry and it was super. I wish we had one in Knoxville, TN but it ain't that way.

The first time I enjoyed this brand was in San Francisco about 10 years ago. They are doing a super job.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

It's Ghirardelli and, of course, it's not only a brand but a tourist attraction (once a chocolate factory, now a large urban mall and possibly soon to be a condo project) on the San Francisco waterfront. Here, in its hometown, it's synonymous with chocolate and I actually didn't know it dabbled in other flavors of anything, nor am I familiar with their ice cream. Down at Ghirardelli Square (the ex-factory, now mall) they have a store, always packed to the rafters with tourists, that sells everything chocolate and most local markets sell their baking chocolate and ground chocolate and cocoa, but not, as far as I have seen, their ice cream. Seems odd.
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2042
    RE: Ghiradella 2004/10/05 14:16:50 (permalink)
    Speaking as a tourist, I can tell you that their ice cream is very good. I have no idea if they make it or buy it in. We always stop there when we go to San Fran, and along with the crab over at the waterfront it is one of the things that we remember most.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Ghiradella 2008/02/13 14:13:14 (permalink)
    Just a note to let all you lovers of either chocolate OR ice cream (or chocolate ice cream) know that you now have the opportunity to live in the middle of it so to speak.
    quote:
    Erected in 1893 to house the Ghirardelli chocolate factory, once a locals destination, and having fallen prey to the Fisherman’s Wharf tourist trade over the past couple of decades, San Francisco's Ghirardelli Square is undergoing a major overhaul and rebirth.

Purchased by JMA Ventures in 2004, the chain store and souvenir shops are being shown to the door and replaced with local cafes, restaurants (think Gary Danko), retail (including an offshoot of COPIA) and a spa. Five of the brick buildings are about four months away from being reborn as 53 one, two and three bedroom “homes” (Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square). And the homes are being sold in one-tenth ownership fractions.

The 530 fractions are priced from $262,000 and are roughly 45% pre-sold including a recent acquisition of 120 fractions by Exclusive Resorts (a nice nod of approval). 300 underground parking spaces are available to serve the residences (dedicated spots), restaurants and retail. And the house car will be a Maserati Quattroporte (no word on whether or not you’ll have to use the house driver).

The square:

Interior of a unit:

If you're a serious chocolate lover, check out: http://www.fairmontheritageplace.com/content/destinations/sanfrancisco_index.asp
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Ghiradella 2008/02/13 15:42:14 (permalink)
    When I was at Ghardelli Square, I went to the Ghiardelli cafe there, and had an ice-cream sundae. I'm pretty sure it was all Ghiardelli ice-cream.

That would be a pretty good spot to live, IMO.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10517
    RE: Ghiradella 2008/02/13 15:51:15 (permalink)
    I have only ever been to the Ghirardelli in Chicago, but thought the ice cream was quite good. Expensive, but good.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1