Gilbert's Craft Sausages

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2590
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/26 23:42:47 (permalink)
Foodbme, the sausages have landed.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10199
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 02:58:08 (permalink)
JRPfeff

Foodbme, the sausages have landed.

Bless your Heart!
I feared the TSA people would sequester them as contraband!
They're a little touchy & frown on smuggling stuff into AZ!
Please send me a PM and let me know when it would be convenient for me to come over and pick them up. Any time except Thursday evening works for me. I have your S & H Fee on Ice!
John Fox
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2334
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 06:17:02 (permalink)
Foodbme,

Have you made this recipe yet? As I've gotten older, I've gotten lazy and no longer even make beer. I'm not much of a cook either. Last time I tried to make dinner I burned the salad!
pnwchef
  • Total Posts : 2365
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 10:00:29 (permalink)
John, your a good eater, you can't be expected to do both.

John, when I lived in Ct, there was no shortage of good quality Italian sausage in the markets, is that still the case ???? I don't remember a lot of smoked sausage, we used a lot of fresh. The only thing I remember is Kielbasa being smoked, and it was to die for.............
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8323
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 10:15:14 (permalink)
All I was indicating, Foodbme, is that sausage making is a dedicated craft that takes alot of time and the end result may not be worth all of that. Gilbert sausages and others have taken all the hard work out of it for us!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 11:05:46 (permalink)
John Fox
Foodbme,
Have you made this recipe yet? As I've gotten older, I've gotten lazy and no longer even make beer. I'm not much of a cook either. Last time I tried to make dinner I burned the salad!

No, I've not made it. I'm like you, easy is better. I even buy wines with the Easy Screw Off Cap so I don't have to  mess with a cork screw!
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 11:13:21 (permalink)
annpeeples

All I was indicating, Foodbme, is that sausage making is a dedicated craft that takes alot of time and the end result may not be worth all of that. Gilbert sausages and others have taken all the hard work out of it for us!

You're right; it's a craft and hard work. Back in the mid 80's, I bought and operated a smoked meat company. We smoked hams, bacon and made sausage. The company was called Pitts Home-made Country Smoked Meats. Our slogan was, "If it's the Pitts, It's the Best!" Ran it for a couple years and sold it. Lousy cash flow businss.
Gilberts Sausages
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 31
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 15:41:47 (permalink)
It just so happens that Chris and I are still avid homebrewers....although the Wisconsin winter that goes until June has slowed us down as of late.  It's actually more or less how we got started.  Initially had a dream to open a brewery, but then realized that there were about 20 millions other guys with the same dream, and half of them beat us to the punch.  So we turned our craft brewing hobby and passion into sausage instead.

The long-term goal is to actually have a storefront where we're selling a whole variety of craft sausage, and brewing up some of our craft beers on a small scale.  John, maybe some day you'll have to take your hot dog tour through Chicago or Milwaukee (or wherever we end up) and make Gilbert's the anchor leg!
Benzee
  • Total Posts : 1875
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 16:03:21 (permalink)
Hey Gilbert ,
Now that would be a long road trip for sure !!
Benzee
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/04/27 16:27:59 (permalink)
Gilberts Sausages

It just so happens that Chris and I are still avid homebrewers....although the Wisconsin winter that goes until June has slowed us down as of late.  It's actually more or less how we got started.  Initially had a dream to open a brewery, but then realized that there were about 20 millions other guys with the same dream, and half of them beat us to the punch.  So we turned our craft brewing hobby and passion into sausage instead.

The long-term goal is to actually have a storefront where we're selling a whole variety of craft sausage, and brewing up some of our craft beers on a small scale.  John, maybe some day you'll have to take your hot dog tour through Chicago or Milwaukee (or wherever we end up) and make Gilbert's the anchor leg!

Why not bring your Sausage Stuffers out here to Gilbert AZ? That way you can be Gilbert's Sausage of Gilbert AZ!!. There's a void of anything that resembles good European Ethnic Foods out here. Over 3 million people in Metro Phoenix, the 5th largest metro area in the nation, and only 2 Crafted Sausage Makers that I'm aware of. They are:
http://www.stanleys-sausage.com/
http://www.schreinerssausage.com/
And three meat markets that make sausage but their not their major products:
http://www.midwesternmeats.com/
http://www.vonhansons.com/locationsHours.html
http://theporkshopaz.com/
There's a good number of Upper Midwesterners, MN, WI, SD, ND, IL, MI, WY, MT, IA, NB and 2 Canadians out here and in the Winter the snowbirds arrive in large flocks! There's a market for your products out here-- C'mon Down!
John Fox
  • Total Posts : 2334
Re:Gilbert's Craft Sausages 2011/06/13 13:18:18 (permalink)
http://triblocal.com/st-charles/2011/06/13/pair-bring-gourmet-franks-to-the-midwest/

Nice article about Gilbert's Craft Sausages. I'll say to Mr. Underwood that the Froman isn't only as good as Best Kosher (not to be confused with Best's from Newark, N.J.) but it far surpasses it in terms of taste and quality.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1