Girl Scout Cookies

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Dude111
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 582
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/04/18 05:49:36 (permalink)
Everytime they come round our house we always order THIN MINTS!!

I have often wondered why they dont sell them in the grocery store!!! -- I WOULD EAT THEM ALL THE TIME IF THEY DID
stephiegirl
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/04/21 10:46:07 (permalink)
Has anyone seen all the different flavors of the Girl Scout cookie ice cream. I think Edy's is the one that makes them. They have Thin Mint, Samoa, and a few other flavors. I haven't tried them but wonder how they taste.
lindsey
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/04/21 11:23:14 (permalink)
Just bought a box of Samoas last nite. They were allright, but I really wanted their Lemon cookies! They told me that flavor was discontinued!!!!!!!!!! :(
xannie_01
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/04/21 11:29:46 (permalink)
i've had the girl scout cookie ice cream.
decadent.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/05/30 23:00:59 (permalink)
Boooooooooooo--
I totally missed out on GS Cookies this year!
kisscat69
Junior Burger
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/08/01 17:21:42 (permalink)
Frozen Thin Mints and Tagalongs are the best. HELP I'M GOING THRU GS COOKIE WITHDRAWL. I can't even get the EDY's GS COOKIE ice cream
kisscat69
Junior Burger
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/08/01 17:26:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by john c

quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

I've ordered and will receive in February as well. Our order goes as follows:
6 - thin mints
1 - Samoa
1 - All Abouts
1 - Tagalong
1 - Dosi-dos
No pinatas here to purchase.
That's kinda crazy, $35 for cookies. Oh well, the money is for a good cause.

So I guess $60 for 20 boxes (10 each from the 2 folks selling them in my office) would be right out?

Oh chill, any calorie-police out there, I give some away (to the Troops overseas is a big push this year), I don't eat them all.

Except the Thin Mints. NOBODY messes with my Thin Mints. Nobody.

JC

what do you mean give some away back in the day when they were 2.50 per box i would buy 1case mixed between tagalongs, dosidos, thin mints, and samoas just for me then afew boxes to give away
kisscat69
Junior Burger
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/08/01 17:30:50 (permalink)
I remember those times the year before my mom passed away from cancer she was the service unit chairman and was un able to get a place to distribute the cookies so our house was filled w/ all the cookies that 20 gs troups ordered boy was that fun
[:D
quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

I was a troop cookie mom for a few years and things went OK until the year I was talked into being an area cookie mom for multiple troops. Every available inch of extra floor space in our house was stacked with cartons of cookies.

That was before the current tightly sealed packaging and the scent would come through the cartons. It was hard to sleep in a room seething with chocolate and mint all night long. So we finally moved the thin mints to the dining room and put the lemon pastry creams in the bedroom. It was a really bad month and I didn't want to eat Girl Scout cookies for about 5 years afterwards.

My favorite is thin mints used as a scoop for vanilla ice cream.
kisscat69
Junior Burger
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/08/01 17:37:55 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Yankeesfan

Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper cookies taste similar to Thin Mints, once the supply runs out.

Many years ago when I worked in DC, I bought cookies from Girl Scouts in both Maryland and Virginia. They apparently used different baking companies. One set of Thin Mints had a light-colored wafer in the middle, with the chocolate coating. The other had a dark-colored wafer in the middle. But as far as I could tell they tasted the same.

If a pollster did any anonymous, scientific survey, I wonder what percentage of people would admit to having consumed an entire box of GS cookies in a single day?

i'll admit to 2boxes in 1day
angeltearsmc
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 319
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/11/01 23:38:44 (permalink)
My favorite has always been the Samoas, although here in east TN they call them "Caramel De-Lites" or something like that.

They had a cookie for a while that was a vanilla sandwich-cookie type deal with lemon filling and was very tasty. **Edit: I looked it up - Lemon Chalet Cremes - and they still sell them!**

Thin Mints are okay but not my favorite. Same goes for Tagalongs (aka Peanut Butter Patties) and Do-Si-Dos (aka Peanut Butter Sandwiches.)

And I always loved the Trefoil shortbread cookies, especially with strawberry cream cheese. Yum.

Goodness, this brings back memories of all those years I sold cookies... Can't wait for cookie season to come around again!! **Edit: I just looked on the GS website and the difference in cookies is because two bakeries make the cookies - apparently when I sold them in Indiana, ours were from the Little Brownies Bakers, whereas here in TN, the cookies come from the ABC/Interbake Foods bakery.
PeteRFNY
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Girl Scout Cookies 2007/11/02 11:56:40 (permalink)
I confess to an addiction to Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Sandwiches. The Mrs. loves the Samoas. Whenever I see that wall of Girl Scouts at the mall with thier tables full of cookies, I feel like an addict trying to navigate past a crack den!
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1