Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo)

Author
Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
2006/05/20 15:42:20 (permalink)

Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo)

1. I love red, yellow and orange together. Thass the colours of my kitchen.

2. My worst encounter with a bad odor was a dang snake....course I haven't ran into a skunk. Whattayado to get the smell out of your nose lining? 5th one I have had to send to hell this spring. Sorry reptile lovers, but they are the nastiest things alive, OK well almost.

3. I spray paint and apply stripper in an enclosed area before logging onto Roadfood.com.

4. I acknowledge there are two types of folkes in this world. Those who wanna win, and those who wanna have fun. Guess which one I am?

5. I rarely balance my checkbook, but somehow manage to pay my bills on time. (Transcenmental med)

6. I'm a nice person.

7. I miss MH.

Go at it,
Copper

25 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 15:49:26 (permalink)
    I think you need to work on your anti-snake prejudice. What I hate is pack rats who move into my garage in AZ and eat the wiring in my car. A nice resident bullsnake makes the rats wish they had stayed away--far away. And they are kinda cute besides.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 15:55:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

I think you need to work on your anti-snake prejudice. What I hate is pack rats who move into my garage in AZ and eat the wiring in my car. A nice resident bullsnake makes the rats wish they had stayed away--far away. And they are kinda cute besides.

Good point.
    I'm just not sure I have the time to identify the snake considering all my other animals. I hate RATZ! They chew up everything that costs alot to replace. Photos of good snakes would be welcome here, BT.
    Copper
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 16:50:47 (permalink)
    Red and Yellow are very popular for signs & logos, starting with everyones favorite, Mickey D's.

John
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 18:00:39 (permalink)
    A bullsnake:

Cute, no?
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 19:40:38 (permalink)

OOPS!

Guess I got one of the white hats!

What can I say.....the sucker scared me and was striking at my dogs.
    BTW, after I chopped his head off he was still flicking his tongue. My grandaddy always said a snake dont die til sundown. I still hate them and think they smell horibble. Rotten-ass fish multiplied by a hundred!

Copper

I'll chop another one iffen the opportunity arises!
    Scared me to death!

Thanks BT!
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/20 20:02:34 (permalink)

Just in case you doubt me......

I HATE them!

Bye-bye.
    Copper
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 00:44:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Copperhedzkettle

1. I love red, yellow and orange together. Thass the colours of my kitchen.

Check out the colors of a Coral Snake.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3480
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 01:50:56 (permalink)
    Hoo boy....sure wish there had been some kind of warning that I was going to see bloody dismembered snake when I opened this thread.

So much for that dinner I was eating...
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 02:46:50 (permalink)
    In AZ where I live part time, all the vets and the SPCA offer "rattlesnake training" for dogs. They teach them to stay away from snakes. Sounds like something your dogs need--then those snakes around your place (which look to me like non-poisonous types) can be left to go after the rats.

I guess I'm just not snake-phobic. What really disturbs me is spiders and scorpions; and I'd just as soon not come on a Gila Monster unexpectedly either.
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 09:14:10 (permalink)
    Ah hope ya dint waste aw that snake steak!

Our kitchen is cornbread gold and john deere green

my computer room/studio is lavender and the floor is a rainbow of drops, splatters and oopsies

I actually LIKE Bubba Burgers...
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 12:27:10 (permalink)

enginecapt
    Check out the colors of a Coral Snake.
    I ADMIT IT!
    I have a love/hate relationship with snakes!

Felix
    Hoo boy....sure wish there had been some kind of warning that I was going to see bloody dismembered snake when I opened this thread.

So much for that dinner I was eating...

Sorry bout that Felix...approach my threads with caution.
    After all, it does taste like chicken, don't it?

BT
    In AZ where I live part time, all the vets and the SPCA offer "rattlesnake training" for dogs. They teach them to stay away from snakes. Sounds like something your dogs need--then those snakes around your place (which look to me like non-poisonous types) can be left to go after the rats.

I guess I'm just not snake-phobic. What really disturbs me is spiders and scorpions; and I'd just as soon not come on a Gila Monster unexpectedly either.

Thanks for the heads up on rattlesnake training, thass a good idea.

The first snake I encountered this Spring was in my laying hens bucket. It is positioned (bucket) so that you have to lean over on yer tippy toes to reach in and recover the eggs. For some reason that morn I peeked in before groping around in the straw for eggs; and found myself looking straight into the eyes of a very large snake ......fat as all get out on MY eggs. I totally freaked! He shook his tail and it rattled against the 5 gallon bucket!

One minute I was at the hen bucket....
    The next I was in my kitchen.
    I recall nuthin in between. I believe I sprouted wings since my feet (half-a$$ed crippled) never touched the ground.

It was 5.5' long.

I was allowing my eggs to back up to encourage the hens to "sit". NO MORE! I purchased an incubator.....less stress on the ole ticker.

The second demon I found in my Rabbit Hooch. I have tiny baby bunnies almost all the time. That snake is now fodder for the wormbeds below the rabbit cages.

Spiders dont trip me out all that bad exceptin for the spittin ones, but a scorpion WILL cause me to do a 180. No Gila Monsters out here, I suppose that is one less thing to worry about.

Dreamz
    Ah hope ya dint waste aw that snake steak!

Our kitchen is cornbread gold and john deere green

my computer room/studio is lavender and the floor is a rainbow of drops, splatters and oopsies

I actually LIKE Bubba Burgers...

No waste.......I have a use for everything. (scaring the bejesus out of my grandkids for one thing)......oh yeah, and spoiling Felix's dinner.

Back to the topic at hand: (Thanx Dreamz)

I ADMIT IT!

8. I'm addicted to Roadfood.com.
    9. I take too many chances.
    10. I DO NOT go to the gym, I get more than enough exercise pushing my luck.

Best to all,
    Copper

Pat T Hat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 968
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 13:18:51 (permalink)
    10. I DO NOT go to the gym, I get more than enough exercise pushing my luck.

Best to all,
    Copper[/size=3][/purple]

I love that! That's a genuine useful perspective!
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 16:04:31 (permalink)
    Red and yellow are colors on a Coral Snake. Hmmm, what is that poem?

And, I love fried Rattler. I dosen't taste like chicken to me! I had my 1st complaments of Benny Binion at the World Series of Poker, along w/ my 1st Bear steak., and Benny's great Texas chili.

Oh, I once owned a pet store and many folks loved their snakes. I sold over a thousand rats and mice a month. Hey, we all gotta eat! But, one lady ended up w/ about a dozen pet mice, kinda sweet I thought.
    Joe
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/21 18:12:17 (permalink)
    "Red on yellow, kill a fellow"

"Red touch yellow can kill a fellow; Red touch black, venom lack."
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 02:07:29 (permalink)
    quote:

My point was kinda that on a food-related site, even in the "off topic" forum, the last thing I expect, especially under a title such as "go ahead and admit it", is to see a cut-up animal of any kind with plenty of blood showing.

I will most likely not just approach your threads with caution from now on, but will skip them entirely, if that's how it's going to be. That was thoroughly disgusting and (in my opinion) really not appropriate without a warning.
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 07:59:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by felix4067

quote:

My point was kinda that on a food-related site, even in the "off topic" forum, the last thing I expect, especially under a title such as "go ahead and admit it", is to see a cut-up animal of any kind with plenty of blood showing.

I will most likely not just approach your threads with caution from now on, but will skip them entirely, if that's how it's going to be. That was thoroughly disgusting and (in my opinion) really not appropriate without a warning.
    You must be petrifyed of turning on your TV. Chow Jim
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 11:05:36 (permalink)

Pat T

I love that! That's a genuine useful perspective!

And it helps keep that girlish figure!

I ADMIT IT!

Papajoe8
    And, I love fried Rattler. I dosen't taste like chicken to me! I had my 1st complaments of Benny Binion at the World Series of Poker, along w/ my 1st Bear steak., and Benny's great Texas chili.

I knew it was tied to Gamblin'!!!!!
    Bwa-hahhahahahahahahahhahahhahaha

I ADMIT IT!

Enginecapt
    "Red on yellow, kill a fellow"

"Red touch yellow can kill a fellow; Red touch black, venom lack."

I would have been so let down iffen you didnt have the comeback.

I ADMIT IT!

Felix

I can't edit the title, Felix. Guess you are "one of them" who partakes but dont prepare. Ever been to a slaughter house or prepared yer own meat? Cleaned out the bottom of a chicken barrel??????????? Hate to break it to you but the bottom of that barrel smells like death ......and as a matter of fact, IT IS! Go Figger! You are kidding me right???? Ya know, shoot, gut, Fielddress etc? However unsavory, it is a BIG part of the food industry. And thereby Food-Related, which it didnt have to be on "Off-Topic" in the first dang place.

I will most likely not just approach your threads with caution from now on, but will skip them entirely, if that's how it's going to be.

I'm crushed........
    I ADMIT IT!!!!!!!

That was thoroughly disgusting and (in my opinion) really not appropriate without a warning.

And opinions are Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....like what?
    Whine to the Mods. You got more than enough posts to have some pull here.

Copper

Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 11:58:54 (permalink)

Thanks Tony Bad for the caution/Warning:Gory Photo editing, iffen I could have I would have done it meself. Appreciate yer quick response.
    Copper
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 13:24:19 (permalink)
    @ Jimeats: Nope, I'm not afraid to turn on my TV. But I do choose not to watch shows known to show blood while I'm eating dinner. Common sense, after all, for someone who knows it bothers them.

@ Coopper: Thanks for jumping to conclusions about me, but you're wrong. I have participated in preparing my own food (although I will admit I've never been to a slaughterhouse, we don't have those around here). I have fished, I've helped prepare venison after it's been hunted, and I've slaughtered chickens. However, I don't sit next to a pool of blood and guts while eating. Slaughtering is a part of the food industry, thanks for the condescension in assuming I don't know that. And I never said you could NOT post pictures like that...what I said was, pictures like that require a warning to those who don't expect to see them, particularly in a thread whose title gives absolutely no clue as to its content.

I don't find it necessary to "whine" to anyone. I commented on the situation directly, as I feel is appropriate. Obviously someone else did as well, since the thread title has been edited.

Granted, it was my fault for eating while scanning this site, but the fact remains that a gory photo of bloody anything should have a warning on it. What if someone's child were looking when they opened it? It's not just me and eating, it's online etiquette (or netiquette) to warn people who might not want to see that, unless you're in a forum that often shows hunting/gutting/processing photos.

As for it not being "off topic", I believe you should look at your post that started the thread originally. Nothing about processing food or slaughterhouses there, you've just come up with that because you're mad I said something about your snake pictures.

Have a nice day!
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 13:51:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by felix4067

Coopper: Thanks for jumping to conclusions about me, but you're wrong. I have participated in preparing my own food (although I will admit I've never been to a slaughterhouse, we don't have those around here). I have fished, I've helped prepare venison after it's been hunted, and I've slaughtered chickens. However, I don't sit next to a pool of blood and guts while eating. Slaughtering is a part of the food industry, thanks for the condescension in assuming I don't know that. And I never said you could NOT post pictures like that...what I said was, pictures like that require a warning to those who don't expect to see them, particularly in a thread whose title gives absolutely no clue as to its content.

A. The name is Copper. Period. That initial response sets the precedence for the remainder of this conversation.

B. I APOLOGIZED for offending you. You'll NOT get another from me, BTW what are your reading skills?.

C. Aint been in a slaughterhouse?, you don't KNOW. Keep on eatin'.

I don't find it necessary to "whine" to anyone. I commented on the situation directly, as I feel is appropriate. Obviously someone else did as well, since the thread title has been edited.

It was me, Felix......ME! ME ME ME! I requested the dang topic change. Copper asked for a topic change!!!!! Get real! Iffen you doubt it email Tony Bad (who responded quickly) , or MikeSh on the night shift(probably sleeping cos he's a vampire} .

Granted, it was my fault for eating while scanning this site, but the fact remains that a gory photo of bloody anything should have a warning on it. What if someone's child were looking when they opened it? It's not just me and eating, it's online etiquette (or netiquette) to warn people who might not want to see that, unless you're in a forum that often shows hunting/gutting/processing photos.

As for it not being "off topic", I believe you should look at your post that started the thread originally. Nothing about processing food or slaughterhouses there, you've just come up with that because you're mad I said something about your snake pictures.

Have a nice day!

Whatever, Felix, you made yer damn point and I corrected it. Post haste.....I might add. I could care less about what you think, honestly.

No more apologies from me,
    One is all you get, iffen you can't read or understand simple freaking English then BLOW OFF!

Have a nice day. Hardy Har.
    Copper
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4211
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 13:55:56 (permalink)
    With all this snake hatin' talk, isn't it more than a little ironic and perhaps even bizarre that your screen name is taken from a poisonous snake? What gives Copper?

Buddy
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 14:16:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

With all this snake hatin' talk, isn't it more than a little ironic and perhaps even bizarre that your screen name is taken from a poisonous snake? What gives Copper?

Buddy

Actually, Buddy......its my hair colour and it went from there since the time I was about 3. Go figger.

FYI, an earlier post:

I ADMIT IT!
    I have a love/hate relationship with snakes!

Copper
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 14:54:59 (permalink)
    Copper, I know how to edit the body of my threads, but not the heading. Howd you do that. Neat!!

And Buddy, I don't hate snakes as I still love fried ratler. Hmmm, might smoked rattler w/ some of your new southwest sauce be great!?
    Joe
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 15:04:41 (permalink)

quote:
    Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Copper, I know how to edit the body of my threads, but not the heading. Howd you do that. Neat!!

And Buddy, I don't hate snakes as I still love fried ratler. Hmmm, might smoked rattler w/ some of your new southwest sauce be great!?
    Joe

Onliest way I know to edit the topic is email a Mod.
    Iffen there is some other way......I aint figgered it out.
    Did it, was satisfied by the timely response.
    Respectfully,
    Copper
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    RE: Go ahead and admit it! (Warning: gory photo) 2006/05/22 15:16:27 (permalink)
    Ahhhh, so thats what you did. Thanks! And, neat picture and slogan above! Thats an advertisement for your restaurant right? If not, it should be, neat!
    Joe
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1