Going Home

Author
claracamille
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 434
2011/09/18 07:31:04 (permalink)

Going Home

Going home to West Virginia to check on our mothers-my mom,89, living in her own home, still driving, still cooks & bakes for herself, wonderful health; my mother-in law-84,still living at home, has vision problems-not driving anymore, her health is precarious.  I try to make it back every 4-6 weeks. 
I let my Mom cook things ahead for me-this time-pork barbecue, she cooks the pork in a pressure cooker, so tender, her own barbecue sauce; her potatoe salad, my great annt Hazel's butterscotch pie;  homemade scrapple for breakfast.  We will eat out the rest of the time, my mom loves chinese, mexican.
I realize how blessed I am at 64 to be able to go home & have my mom cook for me.  All of my kids still go to WV to visit her also.  What a wonderful heritage she has made for us all.

1 Reply Related Threads

pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2454
    Re:Going Home 2011/09/18 11:16:16 (permalink)
    Clara, I have been to China, Europe, South America and have had many meals at many many fine Restaurants in my life. The best meal I ever had was when I was 4 years old, sitting next to my Mom, on a stool at Woolworths, eating a English muffin and hot chocolate. I would give anything to sit next to her now..............have fun, enjoy the moment......pnwc
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1