Hot!Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
gonzojuice
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 87
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/10/07 21:09:20 (permalink)
I did make it myself and it works out pretty dang good. I do have one complaint though. Most sinks spout down right in the center toward the hole so that the drain fits in, and the water still drains all the way out. Mine actually works great and only a very small amount of water doesn't drain out immediately. Once I figure out how, I will take it out and make one that has that depression around the hole. I envision, as a way to do it, a piece of wood with a bowl shaped hole it and another piece of wood that fits down into the hole perfectly. Place my pan on the first piece, with the hole in the center of the depression in the wood, and the hammer the metal down into the depression with the second piece of wood. Have to make the tools though so may never happen. Health department liked it just fine. I also want a faucet with a higher neck on it. Pro tip: you can buy splash guards made for third pans, I'll take a photo of mine (I made it removable until service)
siebertb
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/10/26 23:00:42 (permalink)
New here so I couldn't send a PM. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the Shasta? There is a junky one for sale, and I'm considering buying it as a project. If you had any pictures to share on how you have the inside set up that would be awesome! It looks really great. I was thinking of keeping the classic paint design, but yours looks sweet! 
gonzojuice
Hamburger
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/10/31 10:06:35 (permalink)
I cannot figure out how to post photos from my iPhone or iPad. Do I have to use a regular computer? Bah
siebertb
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/11/10 21:23:06 (permalink)
Don't work too hard trying to get pictures! If you want to send directly to me from your iphone/ipad, you could probably send to my email siebert.ben@gmail.com. Thanks!
maintainfloyd
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 40
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/11/11 23:24:25 (permalink)
hey I'm new to the site, i just bought a trailer that was a concession trailer but has been gutted out. as soon as I can I will post pics. thanks for the inspiration.   
NectarLeafTea
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/11/15 03:15:23 (permalink)
gonzojuice

I did make it myself and it works out pretty dang good. I do have one complaint though. Most sinks spout down right in the center toward the hole so that the drain fits in, and the water still drains all the way out. Mine actually works great and only a very small amount of water doesn't drain out immediately. Once I figure out how, I will take it out and make one that has that depression around the hole. I envision, as a way to do it, a piece of wood with a bowl shaped hole it and another piece of wood that fits down into the hole perfectly. Place my pan on the first piece, with the hole in the center of the depression in the wood, and the hammer the metal down into the depression with the second piece of wood.

First of all, thanks, GonzoJuice for this thread and all the great information. I am also building my own sinks and I ran into what I think is the same issue. Regular sinks have an indented lip where the drain sits in, and the lip is indented about 3/16" to allow room for the drain and it's rubber gasket. The hole is usually 3 1/2". I've built a sink using a steam pan from Sam's club, but the drain sits above the bottom of the pan so it doesn't drain well at all. I am going to try some things and let you know if they work or not. Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

Also, sorry about the reply instead of a PM, I'm new lol.

maintainfloyd
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 40
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/11/20 13:28:58 (permalink)
The first thing that comes to mind with the sink issue is to get a heavy hammer and punch and dent in the center where drain will go. I don't know how well that will work, I would like to know what anyone comes up with to work bc I pan on doing my sink the same. 
gonzojuice
Hamburger
Re:Gonzo's P30 build. Teaching myself how to do it all. 2013/11/23 19:09:33 (permalink)
Hasn't been a big problem so far but I also envision a hammer solution
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1