The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Good Hamburger at Lambert's, Foley, AL

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
Good Hamburger at Lambert's, Foley, AL Tue, 06/20/06 3:39 PM (permalink)
On the way back from Florida this past weekend, we stopped in Foley, AL, to eat at Lambert's (home of the throwedrolls - www.throwedrolls.com). I thought their prices were a little high. The cheapest thing on the menu was the hamburger for $8.50 with one side. Of course they do have the fixin's that they bring around to each table (blackeyed peas, fried okra, fried potatoes and onions, tomatoes and macaroni, and sorghum and apple butter). Not to mention the rolls that were thrown to you. Sometimes you catch them, sometimes you don't. I ordered the burger which was a 1/4 lb. with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and toasted roll and my side order was fried apples. The hamburger was delicious. It was probably one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. It was juicy and very flavorful. After eating the sides, and one roll with apple butter) I could only eat half my burger. But it was well worth the $8.50 as we all left out of there full and satisfied.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Good Hamburger at Lambert's, Foley, AL Tue, 06/20/06 3:48 PM (permalink)
    I encountered the Lambert's in Sikeston, MO a few weeks ago. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal in Foley, but I had quite a different experience than you did. As you can read in my report, it was- by far- the single worst meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant in my life.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13523

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
      RE: Good Hamburger at Lambert's, Foley, AL Tue, 06/20/06 4:14 PM (permalink)
      Pigiron - I read your review. I do agree with you about the prices, and the gemmick of throwing rolls, but it is what draws the crowds. I didn't eat the pea, sorgum, or mac. & tomatoes. The okra was good and the fried potatoes were delicious (I had 3 helpings). But I bet if I was to go back again it won't be as good. Apparently our timing was good and everything tasted fresh. Enjoyed reading your reviews. Thanks.

roadrash

• Total Posts: 231
        RE: Good Hamburger at Lambert's, Foley, AL Thu, 06/29/06 12:21 PM (permalink)
        I've eaten at the Lambert's in Foley several times and always enjoyed the food and the experience. It may not be everyone's cup of tea. It's not fine dining, it's not fancy food and it may be a little touristy and cheesy, but...I find it a fun place to share a meal with my family and certainly a big step up from Cracker Barrel.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com