Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA

Author
purplesalsa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/03/30 15:11:50 (permalink)

Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA

I've just moved to GA from San Diego and was wondering if anyone knows of a good mexican food restaurant like what we had in San Diego. So far the ones we've tried are not even what I would consider mexican food. Thanks for the help.

5 Replies Related Threads

Milt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 354
    RE: Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA 2007/04/14 19:33:00 (permalink)
    I don't get to Dallas very often, but east of you are several good or better places. Nuevo Laredo on Chattahoochee Avenue (near I-75 and Howell Mill Road) is very good and always crowded. The taqueria at Supermercado Jalisco in Smyrna has been my favorite - but all tenants of Jonquil Plaza Shopping Center (where I was a tenant for 12 years) are being displaced by a major redevelopment project. Supermercado Jalisco has several locations in metro Atlanta, but Smyrna is the only one I have tried. I am having a senior moment. I can't think of the name of the restaurant at Jonquil and Spring Road (a block east of Atlanta Road), which serves very good Oaxacan cuisine. Try a tlayuda - messy, but good.

Roswell has several very good taquerias - El Azteca Groceria on Alpharetta Hwy just south of Holcomb Bridge Rd/Crossville Rd (GA Hwy 92) is the best in the area IMHO. Across the street is Taco Mas and a block west of GA 400 on Holcomb Bridge Road is Carniceria San Miguel. These three all serve a heavily Mexican customer base and focus on tacos, burritos and tortas.
    jojofez
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA 2007/08/15 16:40:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by purplesalsa

I've just moved to GA from San Diego and was wondering if anyone knows of a good mexican food restaurant like what we had in San Diego. So far the ones we've tried are not even what I would consider mexican food. Thanks for the help.

Suck up the 15-minute drive to Powder Springs or Marietta Square and hit one of La Parilla's locations.

oDey in LA
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA 2007/12/06 16:01:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jojofez

quote:
    Originally posted by purplesalsa

Suck up the 15-minute drive to Powder Springs or Marietta Square and hit one of La Parilla's locations.

Better yet head on over to Mayretta to the Big Chicken and try Las Reyes. I used to go there when there was only one and it was in an old cement block building. As you should know they have quite a number of them now so can't speak to the quality after the expansion but I did eat at the one in Dalton about a year ago and it was great.

jojofez
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA 2007/12/18 17:09:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by oDey in LA

Better yet head on over to Mayretta to the Big Chicken and try Las Reyes. I used to go there when there was only one and it was in an old cement block building. As you should know they have quite a number of them now so can't speak to the quality after the expansion but I did eat at the one in Dalton about a year ago and it was great.

La Parilla blows Las Reyes away IMO.
    DoctorDan
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 56
    RE: Good Mexican Food in Dallas, GA 2007/12/18 17:29:10 (permalink)
    I have eaten at both La Parilla and Las Reyes. They are both equally good. If you are in Dallas, Ga, the La Parilla is closer (on Powder Springs Rd just south of Whitlock Ave. For my taste, Las Reyes has better "special" dishes over and above the standard Mexican fare that both offer.

Doctor Dan
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1