The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
  • Roadfood Insider
Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Mon, 05/11/09 9:21 PM (permalink)

plb

Re:Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Mon, 05/11/09 9:32 PM (permalink)
    I was in Chicago last week and walked by The Berghoff and to my surprise it was open and doing great business.  I had read here a number of times that it had closed.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4077
      Re:Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Mon, 05/11/09 11:31 PM (permalink)
      The Berghoff did close briefly; all part of an underhanded scheme to chase out the union waiters and kitchen staff.  It's a long story that was actually discussed at length here at the time of the original closing.

Buddy

buffetbuster

Re:Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Tue, 05/12/09 8:15 AM (permalink)
        Although it is great to read that they have reopened, I could scream, since I was just in Charlotte and missed out on eating here.  No doubt if I book another trip, they will close again!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4484
          Re:Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Thu, 05/14/09 10:37 AM (permalink)
          Lunch only at the moment, and supposedly next week they'll add dinner hours.

I'd definitely recommend calling before you go.....hours seem a little shakey at the moment

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
            Re:Good news! does anyone feel like they're on a merry go round? I do! Coffee cup reopens! Thu, 05/14/09 11:45 AM (permalink)
            I haven't been on a merry-go-round in years.  I used to always get one of the brass rings on the one at Savin Rock.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com