The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar

debdog42

• Total Posts: 36
Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Fri, 02/9/07 6:31 PM (permalink)
http://popsoda.com/index.html
http://www.sodaking.com/

I've shopped a few times at both of thses places and while not everything is made with sugar check for your old favorite. My fav is the Dr Pepper. It is so good to taste it like it used to be made!

Ranger Steve

• Total Posts: 30
    RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Fri, 02/9/07 7:07 PM (permalink)
    I tried the Popsoda site years ago. I was able to fill my need for Moxie (usually only available in New England, and even then it's with corn syrup), Cheerwine (only available in NC), and Verner's Ginger Ale. The sugar makes a lot of difference. Unfortunately, the shipping doubled the price. The company is a long way from my home in NJ, so I don't know if I'll ever order from them again.

FOrtunately, Boylan's is available in NJ. I strongly recommend them if you haven't tried them yet.
    I also recommend the Manhattan Special Coffee soda and Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray (made with celery, which sounds like it shouldn't work, but it's really good.

Ranger Steve

• Total Posts: 30
      RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Fri, 02/9/07 7:09 PM (permalink)
      Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that you should avoid the canned version of Cel-Ray at all costs. I won't describe what it tastes like. Just take my word for it that it's terrible.

dasl_4

• Total Posts: 187
        RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sat, 02/10/07 12:01 AM (permalink)
        Cheerwine is in SC .. even have soda machines outside the grocery stores that sell only Cheerwine and Diet Cheerwine ... Cheerwine is also in Florida

naxet76

• Total Posts: 351
          RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sat, 02/10/07 12:11 AM (permalink)
          verner's is sold here in texas at my local supermarket. i only drink it when my stomach doesn't feel that great.

eggsactley

• Total Posts: 128
            RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sun, 02/11/07 11:49 AM (permalink)
            I've got to agree with Ranger Steve. Both of the mentioned sites have great selections of unusual beverages but the price of shipping makes them cost prohibitive. I wish I could find a NJ source for Vernor's

PepperPhil

• Total Posts: 335
              RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sun, 02/11/07 5:04 PM (permalink)
              I'd be asking the beverage manager at Walmart.... they have shelves full of them here...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sun, 02/11/07 5:36 PM (permalink)

Our Krogers and other grocery chains here in the Louisville area stock Vernor's, Cheerwine, and even Moxie (most of the time).

We will pick up a case of 'sugar' Dr Pepper next week in Texas.

PepperPhil

• Total Posts: 335
                  RE: Good places for bottle soda pop made with sugar Sun, 02/11/07 7:21 PM (permalink)
                  Top this one..... Our local Sundrop distributor just put Nehi Peach into the vending machines....in 20 oz bottles no less.....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com