The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Good sandwiches in Somerset, NJ

Tedbear

• Total Posts: 1832
Good sandwiches in Somerset, NJ Wed, 11/16/05 6:55 PM (permalink)

Although I live only about 2 miles from O'Connor's Beef and Chowder House on Amwell Road, I had never gone there for lunch until recently. In addition to their regular menu offerings, O'Connor's offers a "Sandwich, Salad and Sundae Bar" for $8.95 at lunch time. That price also includes a soft drink.

The Sandwich Bar includes thin-sliced Roast Beef that is beautifully rare and succulent. The other meats include a decent quality ham, and also sliced turkey. Cheeses include American and Swiss. You can choose from 4 or 5 types of bread. The Salad Bar is huge, and includes 2 types of Potato Salad, Sesame Noodles, Corn Relish, Cole Slaw, Pickled Beets, as well as several types of greens and assorted toppings to go on those greens. The Sundae Bar uses Welsh Farms Ice Cream, and many toppings are available.

All of the foregoing "bars" are of the all-you-can-eat variety, making this a great bargain for good quality food at lunch time. From now on, I will avoid the local diners, in order to take advantage of this offering at lunch time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com