Good sandwiches in Somerset, NJ

Author
Tedbear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1832
2005/11/16 18:55:04 (permalink)

Good sandwiches in Somerset, NJ

Although I live only about 2 miles from O'Connor's Beef and Chowder House on Amwell Road, I had never gone there for lunch until recently. In addition to their regular menu offerings, O'Connor's offers a "Sandwich, Salad and Sundae Bar" for $8.95 at lunch time. That price also includes a soft drink.

The Sandwich Bar includes thin-sliced Roast Beef that is beautifully rare and succulent. The other meats include a decent quality ham, and also sliced turkey. Cheeses include American and Swiss. You can choose from 4 or 5 types of bread. The Salad Bar is huge, and includes 2 types of Potato Salad, Sesame Noodles, Corn Relish, Cole Slaw, Pickled Beets, as well as several types of greens and assorted toppings to go on those greens. The Sundae Bar uses Welsh Farms Ice Cream, and many toppings are available.

All of the foregoing "bars" are of the all-you-can-eat variety, making this a great bargain for good quality food at lunch time. From now on, I will avoid the local diners, in order to take advantage of this offering at lunch time.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1