The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Grabbers

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6228
Grabbers Thu, 01/15/04 6:02 PM (permalink)
At the last minute we decided NOT to go to Brazil and go to Palm Springs, CA for a month. Off of this frozen popsicle called Alaska! We leave on Sat. and I was wondering if anyone ever went to Big Bear, CA to The Hot Spot and had grabbers. We had them last Feb. and are certainly going to have them again on this trip. Kind of a BBQ pork sandwich, but small. And even tho I'll be in California, you CANNOT make me drink the wheatgrass and beet juice!

Hope to stay in touch with y'all periodically, but the dining al fresco (no relation to Al the Mayor) the grapefruit and lemon trees, the BBQ grill, THE POOL, the TANNING, oh my. I may slide the laptop under the bed and not retreive it for awhile!

Happy Roadfooding to everyone!

Howard Baratz

• Total Posts: 445
    RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 10:02 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

At the last minute we decided NOT to go to Brazil and go to Palm Springs, CA for a month. Off of this frozen popsicle called Alaska! We leave on Sat. and I was wondering if anyone ever went to Big Bear, CA to The Hot Spot and had grabbers. We had them last Feb. and are certainly going to have them again on this trip. Kind of a BBQ pork sandwich, but small. And even tho I'll be in California, you CANNOT make me drink the wheatgrass and beet juice!

Hope to stay in touch with y'all periodically, but the dining al fresco (no relation to Al the Mayor) the grapefruit and lemon trees, the BBQ grill, THE POOL, the TANNING, oh my. I may slide the laptop under the bed and not retreive it for awhile!

llee:

I know I've posted this elsewhere and it's not Roadfood related but every once in a while we do discuss non-food issues (has anyone else noticed this?).

A good friend of mine, Kal David, is the owner and star of the show at a great blues nightclub called the Blue Guitar on S. Palm Canyon Dr. in downtown Palm Springs. Kal is an incredible guitarist and singer and is backed by a rock solid band.

Trust me, if you go, it will be an evening well spent.

IansMom

• Total Posts: 394
      RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 10:04 AM (permalink)
      llee,

I envy you, I wish I was in CA right now, thank goodness my sister just got a job in Santa Monica.. I know where Ian and I are going on vacation this year

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
        RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 10:09 AM (permalink)
        Wise move not to go to Brazil, I have friends that returned last week from a month in Curatiba. They got there before finger printing and photo id was being done. They stayed and traveled with a local family and had no problems but they were mostly in very non tourist places.

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
          RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 10:24 AM (permalink)
          swimming pools, movie stars....

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
            RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 10:28 AM (permalink)
            Enjoy your respite, lleechef !! Your post made many envious today, I assure you.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6228
              RE: Grabbers Fri, 01/16/04 12:20 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Howard Baratz

quote:
              Originally posted by lleechef

llee:

I know I've posted this elsewhere and it's not Roadfood related but every once in a while we do discuss non-food issues (has anyone else noticed this?).

A good friend of mine, Kal David, is the owner and star of the show at a great blues nightclub called the Blue Guitar on S. Palm Canyon Dr. in downtown Palm Springs. Kal is an incredible guitarist and singer and is backed by a rock solid band.

Trust me, if you go, it will be an evening well spent.

I know exactly where that is.......we will stop in some evening and tell Kal you sent us! We love blues. Thanks for the tip!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com