Grabbers

Author
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7012
2004/01/15 18:02:23 (permalink)

Grabbers

At the last minute we decided NOT to go to Brazil and go to Palm Springs, CA for a month. Off of this frozen popsicle called Alaska! We leave on Sat. and I was wondering if anyone ever went to Big Bear, CA to The Hot Spot and had grabbers. We had them last Feb. and are certainly going to have them again on this trip. Kind of a BBQ pork sandwich, but small. And even tho I'll be in California, you CANNOT make me drink the wheatgrass and beet juice!

Hope to stay in touch with y'all periodically, but the dining al fresco (no relation to Al the Mayor) the grapefruit and lemon trees, the BBQ grill, THE POOL, the TANNING, oh my. I may slide the laptop under the bed and not retreive it for awhile!

Happy Roadfooding to everyone!

6 Replies Related Threads

Howard Baratz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 10:02:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

At the last minute we decided NOT to go to Brazil and go to Palm Springs, CA for a month. Off of this frozen popsicle called Alaska! We leave on Sat. and I was wondering if anyone ever went to Big Bear, CA to The Hot Spot and had grabbers. We had them last Feb. and are certainly going to have them again on this trip. Kind of a BBQ pork sandwich, but small. And even tho I'll be in California, you CANNOT make me drink the wheatgrass and beet juice!

Hope to stay in touch with y'all periodically, but the dining al fresco (no relation to Al the Mayor) the grapefruit and lemon trees, the BBQ grill, THE POOL, the TANNING, oh my. I may slide the laptop under the bed and not retreive it for awhile!

llee:

I know I've posted this elsewhere and it's not Roadfood related but every once in a while we do discuss non-food issues (has anyone else noticed this?).

A good friend of mine, Kal David, is the owner and star of the show at a great blues nightclub called the Blue Guitar on S. Palm Canyon Dr. in downtown Palm Springs. Kal is an incredible guitarist and singer and is backed by a rock solid band.

Trust me, if you go, it will be an evening well spent.
    IansMom
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 395
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 10:04:57 (permalink)
    llee,

I envy you, I wish I was in CA right now, thank goodness my sister just got a job in Santa Monica.. I know where Ian and I are going on vacation this year
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 10:09:05 (permalink)
    Wise move not to go to Brazil, I have friends that returned last week from a month in Curatiba. They got there before finger printing and photo id was being done. They stayed and traveled with a local family and had no problems but they were mostly in very non tourist places.
    Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 10:24:21 (permalink)
    swimming pools, movie stars....
    i95
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 10:28:49 (permalink)
    Enjoy your respite, lleechef !! Your post made many envious today, I assure you.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7012
    RE: Grabbers 2004/01/16 12:20:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Howard Baratz

quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

llee:

I know I've posted this elsewhere and it's not Roadfood related but every once in a while we do discuss non-food issues (has anyone else noticed this?).

A good friend of mine, Kal David, is the owner and star of the show at a great blues nightclub called the Blue Guitar on S. Palm Canyon Dr. in downtown Palm Springs. Kal is an incredible guitarist and singer and is backed by a rock solid band.

Trust me, if you go, it will be an evening well spent.

I know exactly where that is.......we will stop in some evening and tell Kal you sent us! We love blues. Thanks for the tip!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1