Great Steakhouses

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/05/09 19:42:58
quote:
Originally posted by CheeseWit

Oh man, I forgot Bern's in the Tampa, FL area.

Man, I surely hope it's still as good as it used to be before the old man (Bern himself) died. Lived in Tampa prior to moving further south down the FL West Coast. LOVED Bern's! Mrs QFan and I always went there for special occasions and splurges. We still recommend it to friends, but haven't heard any recent reports. Anybody been there lately? Was it holding up?
QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
Poverty Pete
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/05/09 20:17:27
quote:
Originally posted by twinwillow

In Dallas, first choice: Capital Grille.
Second choice: My house.
Not in Dallas: Peter Luger!

twinwillow, it looks as though I may be spending a few weeks in Dallas this autumn. Can I come over for a steak?? I'll take you on a Roadfood mini-trip with Bushie!
helene0518
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/06/11 23:10:32
We live in the Catkills close to New Windsor but had never found Schlesinger's. Passed it last night on our way out to somewhere else, and ate there instead of our original destination. It was VERY good, I highly recommend it.
boyardee65
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/06/11 23:22:21
Nobody mentioned Durante's Steak House in Phoenix AZ, Hands down the best steak in the west. Subdued lighting, red leather booths. All of the regulars go in through the back door to say "hi" to the chef. Another great Steak House is in Colorado Springs on the corner of Tejon St. and Biju St. I can't rember the name of the place as I only ate there once. All I can say is "MMMMMMM-MMMMMMMM'.
wadeb51
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/06/13 16:37:16
Dale's in Florence Alabama is one of the best. That location is the only one that I know is still open. It is like taking a trip back in time to a 1950's steakhouse. The waiters wear serving jackets and really do wait on you hand and foot. One of the best steaks I have ever had.
marky
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/06/13 17:06:00
the best steak ive ever had is at vlados in melbourne austrailia. vlados is at the grill and cooks to your order grassfed no hormone meat that melts in your mouth. peter luger,berns, ruth criss and some of the others mentioned are first rate but vlados is in a league of their own
ias61942
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/07/19 20:08:53
THATS THE AMBIANCE BROTHER
ias61942
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/07/19 20:11:31
I live near Tampa, and don't think Berns is close to being one of the best steak houses. Sorry, I think FLEMINGS is better then Berns.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/07/19 20:21:03
quote:
Originally posted by ias61942

I live near Tampa, and don't think Berns is close to being one of the best steak houses. Sorry, I think FLEMINGS is better then Berns.

Different strokes for different folks.....................in my opinion, Bern blows Flemings away.................Bern is a great dining experience. Flemings is an overpriced "chain" steak.
boyardee65
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/02 12:50:39
quote:
Originally posted by boyardee65

Nobody mentioned Durante's Steak House in Phoenix AZ, Hands down the best steak in the west. Subdued lighting, red leather booths. All of the regulars go in through the back door to say "hi" to the chef. Another great Steak House is in Colorado Springs on the corner of Tejon St. and Biju St. I can't rember the name of the place as I only ate there once. All I can say is "MMMMMMM-MMMMMMMM'.

I finally remembered the name!!! It's called The Famous and it's located on Bijou St. and Tejon ST. in Colorado Springs CO.
Also McKenzie's Chop House located on S. Tejon and Vermillo St. Also in CSCO
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/02 14:05:22
A great steakhouse I haven't seen mentioned yet on this thread is Wolf Lodge Inn, just outside Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It has also long been a favorite of the Sterns, appearing in many of their books. Besides the great steaks, I also really enjoyed the casual, rustic atmosphere. On my recent 10 days in the Northwest, this was my favorite restaurant of the trip.
Hillbilly
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/02 14:16:00
We had the porterhouse at Bobby Vann's on Park Avenue in NYC last week. The steak was right up there with Peter Luger's, but the noise level was outrageous. I'll settle for a lesser steak in a more peaceful environment. And my credit card bill had an additonal $400 on it when the 4 of us left.
trayguy
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/13 13:54:39
The Saltgrass Steakhouse close to where I live has the best steaks around. I'm in Fort Worth ,Texas. They also have the best maargarites around too.
roadrash
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 15:16:11
trayguy, not to be insulting, but I find that fantastically difficult to believe. There are some world class steakhouses in your area - like Del Frisco, Three Forks, Lawry's, Foco de Chao, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc. etc. in Dallas, plus the Stockyards in Fort Worth. I have never been to a Saltgrass which comes anywhere close to any of the above (and I've eaten in at least 8 different Salt Grass Steakhouses.
Hillbilly
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 15:25:10
I enjoyed an outstanding chateaubriand at the Chicago Firehouse last week.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 18:47:15
Another terrific steakhouse I love that I didn't see mentioned is Maddox Ranch House in Perry, Utah. It is about an hour north of Salt Lake City. It sure isn't much to look at, but the food is outstanding! Warning.....they do get mobbed at meal time. The first time I ate there, they were offering desserts at 50% off if you got them to go, just to free up some tables.

http://www.maddoxfinefood.com/
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 19:42:24
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Pete

quote:
Originally posted by twinwillow

In Dallas, first choice: Capital Grille.
Second choice: My house.
Not in Dallas: Peter Luger!

twinwillow, it looks as though I may be spending a few weeks in Dallas this autumn. Can I come over for a steak?? I'll take you on a Roadfood mini-trip with Bushie!

Sure! I'd love that. I know where there is some good prime dry aged ribeyes
for sale in Dallas.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 19:46:11
quote:
Originally posted by roadrash

trayguy, not to be insulting, but I find that fantastically difficult to believe. There are some world class steakhouses in your area - like Del Frisco, Three Forks, Lawry's, Foco de Chao, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc. etc. in Dallas, plus the Stockyards in Fort Worth. I have never been to a Saltgrass which comes anywhere close to any of the above (and I've eaten in at least 8 different Salt Grass Steakhouses.

Roadrash, I would have to agree with you on that one. Hope he doesn't think
that Olive Garden serves real Italian food.
ann peeples
Sirloin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/14 20:20:45
The BEST steak in Milwaukee is at a place called the 5 O Clock club on State street. It is a neighborhood that is not considered the best, but worth every experience we have had.You can only order one size of anything-filet is 1 lb.And how beautiful it is-done to perfection.....
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/15 09:34:20
There used to be a great steakhouse in Atlanta (Southside, near the airport) called Pilgrin's. I'm not sure if it is still in operation as it's been a number of years since I've been. The steak was excellent.

pmrkr2
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/27 14:52:11
when i was a kid there was a place on northern blvd. in great neck (that's Long Island New Yawk) called the north shore steak house that my grandparents used to take us to that was really good. wonder if it't still there and if it's still good. this was before the days of the fancy steak house chains.
sk bob
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/08/27 18:34:03
West Hartfod,Ct. Opened '93 -'94 had a 24oz. sirloin or ribeye for $11. Closed in '00-01. Great steaks,Great deals. NEW DEAL STEAKHOUSE.
RandellButts
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/09/25 12:38:23
Has anyone been to the Sirloin Saloon in Burlington Vermont lately, that place was fantastic when I was younger I wonder how it is now.
steveindurham
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/09/26 08:40:53
I have been to Coerper's 5 O'clock Club in Milwaukee. It is very good - not on the same level as Luger's or Doe's Eats in Greenville, MS but very good in its own right.
aharste
Hamburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/09/26 09:38:04
The Cattle Baron in Babb, MT at one of the east entrances to Glacier National Park served the best steak I've ever had. They also have an adjoining breakfast joint called the Bunkhouse, which served the best steak & eggs I've ever had.
MrDimn
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/10/26 18:20:29
Hi Folks -

Let me offer up some good steak joints in the San Diego area -

Top of the line is Donovan's... PRICEY! But their Friday night's prime rib is KILLER. It has to be at least 24 oz. Delicious.
Their porterhouse is also very good!

Next on the list is Ruth Cris... again PRICEY.

Hunters is supposed to be very good and not as pricey.

Decent steak joints in the SD area - Stuart Anderson's Black Angus. Not a bad place without breaking the bank.

Godfathers, I think is the name of the place. Classic italian red leather booths. That's a little pricey... but good meat!

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!

Thanks,

Doug
stormlady
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/10/27 15:29:16
For me, it's a tough tie between Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Chateau Gourmet in Crestline, CA, and Morton's Steakhouse in Palm Desert.

I love the intimate booths at Ruth's Chris, the top notch service, and the family memories I have of that place.

I really like the service and super upscale feel of Morton's in Palm Desert. The food is great, and, they show you the "raw" food before they cook it (a novelty).

I love the food, service, atmosphere, and tons of family memories I have of Chateau Gourmet in Crestline.

So, if I'm eating steak at any of those 3...I'm happy.
MsDiPesto
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/11/01 17:12:06
I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention of a Michael's so far. I went to the one in Key West a few years ago, and it was the best steak I've ever had. Not that I can eat that much red meat anymore, but I know they get their steaks from Allen Bros.
Chaunte
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/11/02 16:39:23
Thads in Newbedford, Massachusetts had the best prime rib, but closed because they wanted to retire.

Nephews in East Freetown, MA has good prime rib.
Legran22
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2006/11/20 12:50:23
I usually don't eat steak out as, more times than not, they are never better and usually worse than I can grill on my own.

My family goes to Manhattan fairly often and I have thought several times about eating at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. But since they don't accept credit cards and I don't normally carry the wad of cash necessary to pay for three or four people at those prices, so far, we have just passed.

I have eaten at most of the major national steak houses in many locations; Ruth's Chris, Palm etc. and at several good local ones, Taste of Texas, Brenner's, Hoffbrau and all are decent but nothing better than I can grill at home given a thick prime Porterhouse or NY Strip to work with.

However, one of the most memorable steak dinners I have had was several years ago in San Angelo, Tx at a place called the Twin Mountains, which is in a large building west of San Angelo where one half is a country and western honky tonk and the other half a restaurant. Their menu has a non traditional steak dish they call "Scraps" which is a heaping platter of just the medallions from the tender section of the sirloin swimming in their own au jus. I am unsure if it is still open or still serve the same menu. But it was DELICIOUS.

The spill over from the honky tonk next door just adds to the ambience.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/06/26 20:20:23
quote:
Originally posted by Rogey88

I have eaten Ruth chris, Mortons, Lawreys, But by the far the best steak house i have been to is Charleys Steak House In orlando, Its ranked 3rd in the nation, Mortons and Ruths chris are not in the top 10 even though they are very good.

Please. These "ratings services" are advertising scams. Let's start one right here: "Le Cordon Rouge Greatest Steakhouses in America". For credibility, plug in Peter Luger's, Harris', Bern's on the list of top 20 and sell the to other 17 places to establishments who at least offer cloth napkins. Please.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/07/03 13:44:34
1) Go to Sam's Club and get yourself some $8/lb. tenderloin.

2) Coat them in Char-Crust's "Original Hickory" rub, let them rise to room temperature and throw them on a hot charcoal grill, turn only once.

www.charcrust.com in case your local grocery doesn't carry it. You'll recognize it in your grocery's rub section because the packaging is like a pint milk carton.

In the Winter get a Cuisinart "Griddler" and cook on "sear". (This rig is a superior knock-off of the "Foreman Grill" - $129 and worth every cent).

This six buck hunk of meat is 90% as good as a $45 12 oz. filet at Morton's!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/07/03 13:49:52
quote:
Originally posted by MetroplexJim

2) Coat them in Char-Crust's "Original Hickory" rub, let them rise to room temperature and throw them on a hot charcoal grill, turn only once.

www.charcrust.com in case your local grocery doesn't carry it. You'll recognize it in your grocery's rub section because the packaging is like a pint milk carton.

In the Winter get a Cuisinart "Griddler" and cook on "sear". (This rig is a superior knock-off of the "Foreman Grill" - $129 and worth every cent).

Is Sam's a local Steakhouse???
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/07/03 14:08:46
quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

quote:
Originally posted by MetroplexJim

Is Sam's a local Steakhouse???

Guess I was a little off topic. Sorry.

That said, my most enjoyable steak dining has always been at The Prime Rib on K St. in WDC. Treat a lady to a meal there and "dessert" is a certainty.

The best steaks ever: Peter Luger's, NYC, Harris, SFO, El Club Jockey, Madrid, Terraco Atlantico, Copa-RJ, BR, Le Mont, PGH, and most any place with white cloth napkins in BA, ARG.
Breedoni
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/07/31 17:23:37
Just back from a 6715 mile Fl-CA-FL trip.
For grins ate at The Big Texan and had a wonderful 20oz Rib Eye--very surprised
Doe's Eats-absolutely the best --Greenville MS
And I've been eating at Bern's for 36 years-Steak is great but old CA vintages can only find there.
Dan Wathen
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/08/09 14:51:42
Hard to beat Peter Luger's in Brooklyn or Charlies in Orlando but I also enjoy Manny's in Minneapolis, Bones in Atlanta, Bob's in Dallas, Ringside in Portland ( downtown ), Rainwaters in San Diego, Plaza 3 in KC, and Misty's in Lincoln, NE. Chicago has maybe the best overall with the Chop House, G&G's, and Morton's. Good chains are Lone Star and Outback.
wesleyman
Hamburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/01 22:33:30
quote:
Originally posted by TJ Jackson

Alright, I stand here ready to have my head handed to me -- but I just ate one of the best steaks I have had in my life -- top 10 lifetime, call it -- at a chain restaurant and for under 10 bucks incl beverage.

Honest.

6oz thick cut sirloin dinner, MR, with green beans, steak fries, and all I could eat peanuts and warm rolls with cinnamon butter. 7.99, and it was awesome.

The place: The Texas Roadhouse in Cincinnati (Milford, specifically). I never would have thought a relatively inexpensive chain steakhouse could be so good....

take a gander: http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu02.html

Yeah, yeah...I'm sure all those 30-70 bucks-a-plate places have better steaks. No problem. But this was close and was 8 bucks....got to love the value.

TJ, My wife and I ate there this weekend. We were blown away, the steak, the ribs and the chicken were all excellent as were the sides. the fries and BBQ sauce were the 2 weak points, they were pretty good, but had that generic "chainy" feel to them, other than that it was fantastic and reasonably priced. This is one chain we will return to.

HollyDolly
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/05 11:03:23
Wanderingjew,Sam's Club is part of Walmart.They sell things at wholesale prices,like food,tires,electronics etc.They are like Costco. Do you have Costco in your area?
Wesleyman,nothing wrong with Texas RoadHouse.The one by the Regal Cinema in Live Oak is always packed. They have good food,and pretty reasonable. Never had a bad steak there at the one by me.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/05 11:09:30
quote:
Originally posted by HollyDolly

Wanderingjew,Sam's Club is part of Walmart.They sell things at wholesale prices,like food,tires,electronics etc.They are like Costco. Do you have Costco in your area?
Wesleyman,nothing wrong with Texas RoadHouse.The one by the Regal Cinema in Live Oak is always packed. They have good food,and pretty reasonable. Never had a bad steak there at the one by me.

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I can't stand it when someone inquires about where to find the best steakhouse, breakfast, burger, etc, and some bozo responds "My House!"
ptalley
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/05 12:05:04
Steakhouse reviews are very subjective. Some people even rave about Outback. I can cook a steak at home that will rival most of the chains (Ruth Chris,, Shula's, Morton's etc). So when I eat a steak out, I want a real dining experience ie: quality, ambiance, wait staff, menu choices etc.

I've had the opportunity to eat at most every one of the big guys but here are my top 3 choices.
#3 Emeril's Delmonico. New Orleans and Las Vegas. Specially seasoned steaks, innovative sides and some of the most personable waiters and servers anywhere.
#2 Uncle Jack's, Manhattan. A newer entry in the New York steak house style that has it all. Top notch service, great meat (even Kobe beef ...at $100 ala carte!). As New York as you can get but better, across the board,in my opinion, than Peter Lugar's.
#1 Bern's Tampa. Hands down winner for me. I've eaten there probably 20 times and have never been disappointed. Heavy dry aged beef, may not be every ones choice but they do it right. Over 1,000,000 bottles of wine in their cellar...largest in the U.S. I think. Their waiters apprentice for 4 years before they can become waiters. They work at other jobs in the restaurant, on Bern's farm etc. Ver knowledgeable about their menu. You can tour the kitchen and the wine cellar. If you want fish they have a 10,000 gallon tank in the kitchen where you see your fish swimming 30 minutes before you eat him!
divefl
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/05 12:25:04
Mexa Grill Filet.
JaSnake16
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/10/15 17:29:40
My top 3:
1.) Peter Lugar, Brooklyn
2.) Emeril's Delmonico in the Venetian, LV
3.) Old Homestead in the Borgata A.C.
brisketboy
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/12/27 10:36:56
Anyone familiar with Montana Mike's? There's one opening here in Georgetown Tx. I googled the menu and it looks pretty good but no prices.
dannybotz
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/12/27 10:55:15
Ive eaten at most of the great N.Y. steakhouses( Lugers, Smith and Wollensky, Palm, Bobby Van's, The Homestead, Ben Bensons, as well as Shulas, Micheal Jordans, Mortons, Ruth Chris, and Houstons but the @ best steaks and overall experiences ive had were:

1. Dylan's Prime in N.Y.

2. The Precinct in Cincy

They both were amazing for variuos reasons . I'll elaborate if anybody cares!!!:-)
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2007/12/30 12:25:59
quote:
Originally posted by dannybotz

Ive eaten at most of the great N.Y. steakhouses( Lugers, Smith and Wollensky, Palm, Bobby Van's, The Homestead, Ben Bensons, as well as Shulas, Micheal Jordans, Mortons, Ruth Chris, and Houstons but the @ best steaks and overall experiences ive had were:

1. Dylan's Prime in N.Y.

2. The Precinct in Cincy

They both were amazing for variuos reasons . I'll elaborate if anybody cares!!!:-)

Please do! I have family in NY, so I make it up there every once and a while.

Thanks.
Goobzilla
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 08:13:33
I love good steakhouses! I love trying new ones out whenever I'm out of town. Some of my favorites are

Independents:
Downtown Ringside Portland
Metropolitan Grill Seattle
Charley's Orlando

Chains:
Mortons
Don Shula's
Ruth's Chris

wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 11:27:52
quote:
Originally posted by Goobzilla

I love good steakhouses! I love trying new ones out whenever I'm out of town. Some of my favorites are

Independents:
Charley's Orlando

Chains:
Mortons
Don Shula's
Ruth's Chris

Sorry, but Charley's goes in the Chains category.

I went there once or twice ... never thought it was that great (or worth the money) and their wine pour was minuscule.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 12:49:34
Charley's is probably in that grey area of restaurants that may or may not be considered part of a chain by some. We probably need some highly educated authority on this matter, like TJ Jackson to help decipher...but, here is the scoop.

Charley's has four locations; three of which are in the Orlando area and one in Tampa. For me, that puts into the very regional category - much like the well-regarded Columbia Restaurant.

However, Charley's is owned by a[url='http://www.talkofthetownrestaurants.com/tott_home.html']restaurant group[/url] that has other brands located throughout (primarily) central Florida.

I have been to Charley's numerous times and I think it is better than average for a prime steak. However, Vito's on I-Drive is one of my favorite upscale restaurants in Orlando.
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 14:16:02
Maybe a unit of measure is how corporate a group of restaurants gets ...

Charley's is certainly that.

I agree that Vito's is a better bet.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 15:13:16
Your description of Charley's brought about a chuckle or two as I remembered a small group (3 or 4) restaurants in central New Jersey.. Charlies, Charlies Brother, Charlies other Brother (Mt.Holly), Charlies Uncle, and I think there was another "Charleys other Uncle" if my memory serves. Either the original or the first "Brother" was in Kendall Park, We used to go to the Mt Holly location now and then. I often thought this was a good way to keep the family control on a series of related restaurants.. Sort of like many of the Greek Diners were linked.

My time in New Jersey was back in the mid-70's so these names may be long forgotten. They did serve a pretty good steak, somewhat like the "Roadhouse" sort of Steak-chain is today.
andydeahl
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 15:47:49
Vic Stewarts, Walnut Creek CA
Outstanding.

Also, if you reserve it early you can get a private dining room for 2,4 or up to 20 in the attached rail car.
plb
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 16:10:34
quote:
Originally posted by andydeahl

Vic Stewarts, Walnut Creek CA
Outstanding.

Also, if you reserve it early you can get a private dining room for 2,4 or up to 20 in the attached rail car.

Vic Stewarts has some very good in the bar only sandwiches that are very good deals (the last I knew).
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 17:01:05
quote:
Originally posted by The Travelin Man

We probably need some highly educated authority on this matter, like TJ Jackson to help decipher

Naa......I no longer think of this as something to butt heads over, Stevekoe, tho I do still believe a chain can produce quality roadfood - and in fact, some do.
Frankman
Cheeseburger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 17:16:14
quote:
Originally posted by Big George

I continue to be amazed at the culinary knowledge of the popsters at Roadfood.com. Im sure many of you have a favorite steak house. How about it. Thanks

I had to give up eating beef many years ago, however I did get to Peter Luger's. The steak was really fantastic. I even remember how good the tomato and onion salad was all these years later.
Goobzilla
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/07 18:39:21
quote:
Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

quote:
Originally posted by Goobzilla

Independents:
Charley's Orlando

Chains:
Mortons
Don Shula's
Ruth's Chris

Sorry, but Charley's goes in the Chains category.

I went there once or twice ... never thought it was that great (or worth the money) and their wine pour was minuscule.

Well, I haven't eaten there since 1990 but I think it was the only one at that time. It was on the OBT and it was fantastic. Granted I was 20 and thousands of miles from home, but I liked to eat there once a month if I could afford it. Usually I found a way
SassyGritsAL
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/01/08 10:58:26
quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

quote:
Originally posted by HollyDolly

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I can't stand it when someone inquires about where to find the best steakhouse, breakfast, burger, etc, and some bozo responds "My House!"

Me too.
denniscmcgrath
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/06/03 15:23:20
quote:
Your description of Charley's brought about a chuckle or two as I remembered a small group (3 or 4) restaurants in central New Jersey.. Charlies, Charlies Brother, Charlies other Brother (Mt.Holly), Charlies Uncle, and I think there was another "Charleys other Uncle" if my memory serves. Either the original or the first "Brother" was in Kendall Park ...

The original Charlie's Uncle was in Kingston, which is close enough to Kendall Park. Charlie's Brother was on 518 in Hopewell. There was one way up in northern Somerset county in Watchung or thereabouts. All of them but the original stand in Kingston are now closed; and that one is really a Beefsteak Charlie's but they kept the Charlie's Uncles name. Good, not great, steak.

Great steak? Del Frisco's in Dallas ...
yamahafjr
Junior Burger
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/06/27 10:37:33
Del Frisco's in Las Vegas is at the top of my list...Flemings Prime is also one of the finest steaks I've had. 3rd would be Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian Churrascuria--skip most of the cuts and get nonstop "picahna"--their delectable boneless ribeye cut.
Russ Jackson
RE: Great Steakhouses 2008/06/27 10:50:55
I have been to many Steak Houses in my life and the two best have been at:

The Lark in Michigan
http://www.thelark.com/

X O Prime Steaks in Cleveland Ohio
http://xoprimesteaks.com/cleveland_steakhouse_home/

These are outside of New York
If you are headed there you already know where to go....Russ
brisketboy