Great dumplings in Beijing and Shanghai

Author
Davidsanders
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 211
2014/04/25 00:27:18 (permalink)

Great dumplings in Beijing and Shanghai

When I was on tour in China in January, 2013, I had some wonderful dumplings and noodles. The Grand Hyatt Beijing is connected to a shopping mall, and the two lower levels are food courts. One of the cheapest places I found was a very simple dumpling place and it was fantastic.

First order of soup dumplings.

First order of pot stickers.

Second order of both.

In Shanghai I went to the "old part" of the city and found in the touristy area a bit of a dive. I had pot stickers, egg rolls and noodles. The egg rolls weren't very good, but the pot stickers and noodles were quite good. They prepared the noodles on a flat grill.

2 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4077
    Re:Great dumplings in Beijing and Shanghai 2014/04/25 01:57:35 (permalink)
    Looks good, David. I regularly go to some dim sum places nearby (there are several major Chinese population areas nearby). What were prices like for the potstickers and soup dumplings in China?
    Davidsanders
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 211
    Re:Great dumplings in Beijing and Shanghai 2014/04/25 09:51:58 (permalink)
    I think in Shanghai it might have been a bit pricier, but at the food court in the Beijing mall they were pretty cheap. I really don't remember, but I would say both places were fairly inexpensive.

EdSails

Looks good, David. I regularly go to some dim sum places nearby (there are several major Chinese population areas nearby). What were prices like for the potstickers and soup dumplings in China?

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1