Great find in Phoenix

Author
tamandmik
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 949
2005/11/14 14:20:56 (permalink)

Great find in Phoenix

I had posed a question to fellow roadfooders about the availability of good roadfood in Sedona Arizona. No one could give me any suggestions, and being in town affirmed that Sedona is roadfood turned upside down. However, on the way, driving through Phoenix, we had to stop off of Interstate 17 to get my two starving infant children something to eat. Our plan was to go fast food and go, but never having never been to Phoenix before, we found ourselves detoured off an intersecting road at exit 210. We began driving north on 23rd Ave, and across the street, in a non descript strip mall, an equally plain sign that read "Lenny's Burger Shop" adorned the top of the entrance to the building. I immediately pulled a u-turn and headed back to the best hamburger I've ever eaten. A complete twist of fate with a construction detour led us here. The location is on the corner of 23rd and Greenway Road, although their map on their website says different. And it was amazingly cheap, 13.25 fed our family, and we had a burger left to spare, which we ate later that evening in Sedona. I can not recommend this place enough, it's quintessential roadfood. If I had a digital camera, I would have posted it for a review.

http://www.lennysburgers.com/

3 Replies Related Threads

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Great find in Phoenix 2005/11/14 14:35:03 (permalink)
    Looks great---the pics of the burgers look like the burgers i make at home and NOT processed patties---so tell me---what exactl is a LennyBurger anyway?---they talk about it but dont describe it
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1976
    RE: Great find in Phoenix 2005/11/14 15:26:32 (permalink)
    Sounds like a good little place. Maybe somebody who knows how to post some pictures can stop by and do a review. You always take a chance when you stop at a place like this in a strange town. I have stopped at more than a few bad ones over the years. I'm glad that you lucked into a good one.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Great find in Phoenix 2005/11/15 02:30:31 (permalink)
    Just looked over the site... Mmmm... And ya, what the heck is a Lenny Burger?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1