Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows

Author
famousfoodfinder
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/11/12 14:24:35 (permalink)

Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows

[font="verdana, tahoma, arial, 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif, georgia, courier, 'times new roman', serif; line-height: 19px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; "]Hey guys,

I just got done building a site that allows you to search for restaurants that have been featured on TV. So far 5 shows such as "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives", "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" and "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" have been added to the search queue. Right now we have around 600 restuarants all spread throughout the USA that you can access. The site also implements an advanced search panel where you can filter your results based on show, host, location and radius. We are working hard everyday to add more shows, more search options and more features you want to see. Best of all the site is free to use and open to everyone. Check it out and let us know what you think. If you like what you see then be sure to spread the word, join our Facebook fan page and follow us on Twitter.

www.famousfoodfinder.com

Cheers,
Brandon
[font="verdana, tahoma, arial, 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif, georgia, courier, 'times new roman', serif"]

[font="verdana, tahoma, arial, 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif, georgia, courier, 'times new roman', serif"]Facebook
Twitter

4 Replies Related Threads

wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4606
    Re:Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows 2009/11/12 14:27:53 (permalink)
    Funny at first it didn't work for me ... it does now and seems like a good resource. 

Now to see if I can make it work on the mobile.

Thanks.

Welcome to RF.
    post edited by wheregreggeats.com - 2009/11/12 14:58:15
    famousfoodfinder
    Junior Burger
    Re:Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows 2009/11/12 14:56:22 (permalink)
    Thanks. Were in the process of starting iPhone development. I have played with the site on a mobile phone in its current state and its not terribly bad, but its far from the true online experience. Stay tuned for updates. Were very open to comments and feedback (it helps us know the best direction to move in), so feel free to email or comment. :)

Thanks for the welcoming too. Hopefully the site will be of use to others. 
    post edited by famousfoodfinder - 2009/11/12 15:18:34
    TnTinCT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 479
    Re:Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows 2009/11/13 14:23:55 (permalink)
    See what you can do to get this into POIs for GPS models. We've downloaded a bunch of different ones onto the GPS and it's great.
    famousfoodfinder
    Junior Burger
    Re:Great tool to find restaurants from TV shows 2009/11/13 15:41:31 (permalink)
    Ill take a look at the formats. I imagine their all similar if not all the same across most of the popular GPS products. It may be as easy as creating a stylesheet to transform the data from our source. For the best source of updates and progress, please follow via Twitter and Facebook. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1