Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Greek Yogurt

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40
Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
RE: Greek Yogurt Fri, 11/23/07 1:50 PM (permalink)
I tried Greek yogurt for the first time a few weeks ago...what a difference! It tasted nothing like the over processed plastic tasting stuff that's normally in the market..so rich and creamy!

bosco lover

• Total Posts: 155
    RE: Greek Yogurt Wed, 12/5/07 5:13 PM (permalink)
    i just tried fage yogurt for the first time yesterday. its great, and i wont have to worry about straining to make tatziki. we have a great scratch and dent grocery in my town and i got a case of 12 containers (7 oz each) for 3 bucks

Jennie

• Total Posts: 389
      RE: Greek Yogurt Sun, 12/16/07 3:49 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by cunnm2010

This is what I'm addicted to: put yogurt in tupperware container, put some frozen unsweetened mixed berries on top, sprinkle some Splenda on top and let it sit overnight in the Frig. I buy the 0% fat or the 2% fat, so its a pretty healthy and quick breakfast. I usually take it to go to work. Yum! I will never go back to the other brands.

My "dish" is similar. In the morning as I'm packing my lunch, I take some canned fruit in Splenda-water (either peaches or pears cut up, or fruit cocktail), quarter 3 fresh strawberries on top, and top it with two large dollops of fat free Fage in a plastic container. The Splenda-water is just enough to cut the sourness of the yogurt. I have this at 4pm. Fabulous.

The Common Market in Frederick, Maryland, has begun stocking the fruit-cup-on-the-side version of Fage, with peach! Mr. Jennie adores these. He has this (or the cherry or strawberry version) for dessert every night before bed.

quote:
      Originally posted by bosco lover

i just tried fage yogurt for the first time yesterday. its great, and i wont have to worry about straining to make tatziki. we have a great scratch and dent grocery in my town and i got a case of 12 containers (7 oz each) for 3 bucks

Wow! That's a real bargain. By the way, the Super Fresh near us carries Fage brand tsatziki now, too!

By the way, when I was in Hungary a couple of years ago I tried to find Fage and couldn't, but I knew the Hungarians took their dairy (particularly sour cream) very seriously, so I knew I'd find something. I found a section of the dairy case filled with products clearly labeled "Dannon." I chose one with no fruit pictures on it, and bought a can of pears. It was amaaaaaazing!! Even (dare I say it) better than Fage. Sooo creamy and rich. Almost buttery, even. The best yogurt I ever had.

tarragon

• Total Posts: 354
        RE: Greek Yogurt Wed, 02/27/08 10:02 AM (permalink)
        I just had one of the cherry Fage yogurts for breakfast this morning - OMG, it was -sinfully- delicious! Yes, it really did taste that good - like a dessert, believe it. It was the total version; I haven't tried the 2% of this yet. I've also tried Trader Joe's brand of Greek yogurt and found it very good.

naxet76

• Total Posts: 351
          RE: Greek Yogurt Sun, 03/23/08 11:23 PM (permalink)
          hey! I just tried a fage smoothie the other day. I happned to go to Sun Harvest...a little healthfood-type grocery and grabbed a cup of the 2 percent Fage. It was very thick...but since I'm not a fan AT ALL of plain yogurt it was very sour! i tried it with milk and frozen berries and half a banana, and well.....i guess i'm just a sugar nut because it was still too sour. But my two year old son liked it and drank it all! I actually bought the yogurt because I had a recipe for something that called for it, but when i went through my files i couldn't find it and for the life of me, cannot recall what it was for! pancakes? smoothie? I can't remember. Oh well. Oh and i did also see Bulgarian style yogurt but it was a little too pricey.

CLVdog

• Total Posts: 53
            RE: Greek Yogurt Sun, 04/6/08 11:04 PM (permalink)
            Question - Is Greek yogurt the same as Arabic Labneh ?

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
              RE: Greek Yogurt Sun, 04/6/08 11:41 PM (permalink)
              I wonder if homemade whole-milk yogurt would be comparable in taste to the Greek Fage yogurt ?

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
                RE: Greek Yogurt Mon, 04/7/08 7:16 AM (permalink)
                I used Fage for my starter for my home made yogurt and found mine pretty much the same in taste but it was just a tad thinner.

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
                  RE: Greek Yogurt Mon, 04/7/08 9:29 AM (permalink)
                  I'll try that MWFL ....Thank you for the tip !

arianej

• Total Posts: 205
                    RE: Greek Yogurt Tue, 04/8/08 11:59 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by CLVdog

Question - Is Greek yogurt the same as Arabic Labneh ?

If you're talking about the Total Fage brand for Greek, I've found labneh to be a bit more sour. But it probably depends on what brand you're buying too, because some yogurts labeled "Greek" are milder tasting than others.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com