Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there?

Author
farmstander
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 8
2014/05/11 11:33:32 (permalink)

Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there?

Hi All -

New member to the forum.  I am so grateful for the amount of information and experience shared on this site.  I'm looking forward to contributing myself. 

I hope to launch my juice/smoothie/salad truck next spring/summer. 

Anyone in the forum already doing something similar?  I've been in contact with one guy out in Texas who just got rolling on a concept very similar to what I'd like to do, but aside from that I don't see much.

6 Replies Related Threads

jordo23
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/05/13 00:15:21 (permalink)
    The Blender Bender. This will be my 3rd summer. I Live in Calgary so the season is short and it's mostly part time, but all good times. I would be happy to help answer any questions that might come up. I built most of it on my own, minus a few ideas from here and a local stainelss guy for my window frame. Cheers!
    farmstander
    Junior Burger
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/05/14 22:27:23 (permalink)
    hey jordo - thanks for reaching out.

i was going to send a private message but i'm not allowed yet

anyway - i'm less experienced than most so i have plenty of questions!  don't worry, i'll try not to bother you with things i can answer through my own research.

so, how come the best juicers don't have NSF certification?  my understanding is the norwalk, super angel, others... do not have it.  yet i know of local juice bars and have visited other businesses websites, contacted them - all use the norwalk.  should i be concerned come inspection time about this?  the only NSF certified juicers are the high speed centrifugal (nutrifaster) type and while they're very efficient,  i'd rather go with the best.  it just seems like one of those gray areas to me and something i haven't experienced on a professional level.

had a chance to check you out online - truck and other pics look great.  hope business is going well.  so impressed with the amount of people who built their own trucks.  i wish i had the skills to do it.  trying to scout and select a fabricator to do the entire job for me.  extra cost, but not much choice and finances are there.

thanks!
    SRG
    jordo23
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/05/15 11:49:15 (permalink)
    I didn't even consider the NSF rating for my juicers. I have a Norwak, Super Angel and Nutrifaster. The SA is basically useless for anything soft and I mainly use it for wheatgrass. The Nutirfaster is good for doing large volumes but hardcore juicers claim that the heat created from the spinning blade kills nutrients. The Norwalk is my favorite because it actually takes a process to make the juice its  and i've notice that folks like to see it. Not just ramming a bunch of stuff in a tube and charging them for it. I
    farmstander
    Junior Burger
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/06/01 11:38:23 (permalink)
    You mentioned this is your 3rd summer.  Could you share a little about your weekly service schedule & location / customer count / revenues?   

I'll be opening up shop in the parking lot of my girlfriend's dance studio.  They are huge (for a dance studio) and typically have a couple hundred people going in and out every day.  Initial thoughts are doing a 3-hr service 3 days a week, adding days as I become more comfortable with the operational tasks.  From there, we'll look at other locations throughout town and events/festivals, etc...
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10411
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/06/01 17:59:29 (permalink)

post edited by Foodbme - 2014/06/01 18:24:24
    BoonieBowl
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Greetings - any juice/smoothie trucks in business out there? 2014/11/01 05:30:53 (permalink)
    Hi Farmstander, I am planning on opening an acai bowl/smoothie truck in Guam. I am brand new to the forum also.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1