Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam

Author
Paubaby
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2005/11/15 16:01:54 (permalink)

Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam

Anyone ever had this from Jerry's Famous Deli in Hollywood? We ordered it for my son and he didn't like it and I ended up eating it and LOVED it but have not been able to duplicate it quite right at home... sounds simple enough but I'm sure I did something wrong cause all the cream cheese melted right out " /> Ideas or any other places that have these?

2 Replies Related Threads

Lexi
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 248
    RE: Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam 2005/11/15 16:38:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Paubaby

Anyone ever had this from Jerry's Famous Deli in Hollywood? We ordered it for my son and he didn't like it and I ended up eating it and LOVED it but have not been able to duplicate it quite right at home... sounds simple enough but I'm sure I did something wrong cause all the cream cheese melted right out " /> Ideas or any other places that have these?

Try using really cold, solid cream cheese, not the whipped kind. You could even throw it in the freezer for a few minutes. The colder the cheese the longer it will stay intact while the bread grills.

Sounds tasty!
    DavidEMartin
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 173
    RE: Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam 2006/07/17 19:35:38 (permalink)
    I used to make something like this using a "Quicky-Pie" device, two circular cups that form a sandwich into a grilled, sealed saucer. You need something firmer than WonderBread-oids though.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1