HELP ... Im going to feed the HOMELESS! I need Hot Dog recipes!

Author
Hungry Dog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2013/10/11 09:54:54 (permalink)

HELP ... Im going to feed the HOMELESS! I need Hot Dog recipes!

Hi ALL!
    In an agreement with the church who's kitchen I am using for my commisary, I had to feed the homeless in town once a month on the last tuesday of the month. My first date was June 25th I served Pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and cole slaw. I walked in, introduced myself to "Tim" the house leader. Then I  said to everyone else "Hiya guys I have real Carolina pulled pork sandwiches , baked beans and cole slaw for you guys tonite"  Silence .... "PORK AGAIN" was the only response! Ah well.

Either way June was my last time feeding them. As it turns out, that following Sunday night "Tim" the house leader, was murdered as he sat on the front porch of a neighbors house. This is like the fifth murder in the last two years here in my small town. the cops have no idea who it is. After Tim's death the homeless shelter was closed down. I have not had to feed them sence.

FAST FORWARD .... Tuesday, October 22 2013 6pm. a new homeless shelter has opened and this is the date I need to feed them again. I still have a ton of Hot Dogs left so I want to make a cassarole of some sort using hot dogs. I was thinking maybe Mac n Chesse w/ sliced weenies. Maybe a hearty beenie weenie. some sort of cassarole would be good i think I have no idea how many to expect as of yet its all still in the works,
I NEED IDEAS ..... HELP

3 Replies Related Threads

pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2399
    Re:HELP ... Im going to feed the HOMELESS! I need Hot Dog recipes! 2013/10/11 14:51:55 (permalink)
    Hot dogs, Kraut and fried potatoes.........

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2094
    Re:HELP ... Im going to feed the HOMELESS! I need Hot Dog recipes! 2013/10/11 19:28:18 (permalink)
    How about something new   ... hotdogs served in a cheap split bun with mustard.  May be a slaw for a side or topping.  ... Some beanie-weenes on the side too.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10266
    Re:HELP ... Im going to feed the HOMELESS! I need Hot Dog recipes! 2013/10/12 02:34:23 (permalink)
    It's now cold enough for SOUP!

Hot Dog Soup

Prep Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour   Cook Time: 45 Minutes Servings: 6 Ingredients:
    1 onion, chopped
    2 tablespoons margarine
    3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
    1 (9 ounce) package frozen green beans
    1 (16 ounce) package beef frankfurters,
    cut into bite size pieces
    Directions:
    1. Place the onion and margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir until the onion is soft. Mix in the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and mix in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, green beans and frankfurters. Simmer 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1