HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC

Author
myrtlebeach
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
2012/07/29 19:43:51 (permalink)

HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC

Hello,

I will be driving from Myrtle Beach to Asheville to go camping. Of course, I will be looking for some unique spots to eat along the way. It doesn't matter if it's a diner, dive, BBQ, whatever! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies Related Threads

Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/07/30 15:36:59 (permalink)
    What's your plan to get there?  I-20 to Columbia and north I-26 to Spartanburg?  If so, I would stop by the Kingsman in Cayce (a suburb of Columbia) for a truly good pimento cheeseburger, and hop off I-26 on US-176 to Union for really excellent BBQ, hash and rice and chicken mull at Midway BBQ.  Both were mentioned by John T. Edge in the famous Garden & Gun "100 Southern Foods" article, and both can be found reported on my site (use the search our blog box in the link below).

US-176 will put you in Spartanburg near Sugar-n-Spice Drive-In, which I have not tried but would like to, or The Beacon, which everybody loves, and you can quickly reconnect with I-26 to continue north.  I'm not familiar with anything along that way between S-burg and Asheville - yet - but Asheville is, of course, full of good eating:

http://marieletseat.com/c...th-carolina-asheville/

Happy camping!
    3 Olives
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/07/30 18:23:22 (permalink)
    myrtlebeach

Hello,

I will be driving from Myrtle Beach to Asheville to go camping. Of course, I will be looking for some unique spots to eat along the way. It doesn't matter if it's a diner, dive, BBQ, whatever! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Need to know your route.
    myrtlebeach
    Junior Burger
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/07/30 22:16:19 (permalink)
     I am not sure of the exact route, for we haven't even picked a campground yet. Basically, we just know that we want to go camping, and some of the areas outside of Asheville sounded like a good idea. That way if there is an emergency we can go into town for good beer!. We will probably take the I-20 to Columbia and north I-26 route, but I will post the final route when we know exactly were we are going. However the final route could also be determined by FDF (food deliciousness factor)!

Thanks again for the input!
    myrtlebeach
    Junior Burger
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/08/13 00:03:37 (permalink)
    Well, it's the night before and we finally figured our route. We will take I-20 Columbia and north I-26 Spartanburg. It's probably to late, but if anyone has some more ideas that would be great!

Thanks!
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 408
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/08/13 09:24:15 (permalink)
    myrtlebeach

Well, it's the night before and we finally figured our route. We will take I-20 Columbia and north I-26 Spartanburg. It's probably to late, but if anyone has some more ideas that would be great!

Thanks!

Maurice's bbq in Columbia, SC is a good place to get SC bbq with their mustard based sauce.
    Sue in MtP
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/08/13 09:44:31 (permalink)
    I'd pick the Beacon. Maurice's is full of racist memorabilia, so if that sort of thing insults your sensibilities, be aware.
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 408
    Re:HELP! Myrtle Beach, SC to Asheville, NC 2012/08/13 10:17:34 (permalink)
    Sue in MtP

I'd pick the Beacon. Maurice's is full of racist memorabilia, so if that sort of thing insults your sensibilities, be aware.

This is true, I only go there for the bbq. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1