HELP Need American Groceries in Montevideo Uruguay

Author
Ray the safecracker
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
2009/03/12 07:06:41 (permalink)

HELP Need American Groceries in Montevideo Uruguay

I have a dear friend who lives in Montevideo Uruguay though his job takes him all over the country.  A couple of years ago I had the chance to meet him at a professional conference in the US. When we dined one night he got his first taste of corn bread. Now this was a few years ago but he recalls and craves cornbread. I have thought of sending him a bag of cornmeal or mix but that would be over $20 postage plus I am not sure it would get past customs. Anyone aware of a North American Grocer in Uruguay?

Thank you so much
Ray

3 Replies Related Threads

doggydaddy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    Re:HELP Need American Groceries in Montevideo Uruguay 2009/03/12 08:35:40 (permalink)

Quaker Oats has a large division that specializes in the Latin American market. They are down there on food market shelves. Searching around here in the states, Goya has a cornmeal product that can be used for cornbread. All you need is a recipe.
    I cannot vouch for finding pre-made/add water variations, but I don't see why it cannot be found.  Cornmeal is what is essential to so many dishes and if your friend can cook, it is so simple to make it from scratch.

mark
    RodBangkok
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re:HELP Need American Groceries in Montevideo Uruguay 2009/03/12 09:12:35 (permalink)
    I would suggest you ask this question in a forum that is for expats living there.  Such as this one.

http://board.totaluruguay.com/

Ray the safecracker
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re:HELP Need American Groceries in Montevideo Uruguay 2009/03/13 02:12:47 (permalink)
    I knew you folks could start me in the right direction.

Thanks Ray
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1