Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37
carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Tue, 03/26/13 8:04 PM (permalink)
I've delivered pizzas and was always amazed at the number of cheapskates who left no tip.  It's not an easy job and it's really hard on your car.  I wrecked my car and had to quit....I was trying to make extra$$ for kid's college and ended up costing me $2500. 
I'm a very generous tipper to pizza delivery guys. 

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
    Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Wed, 03/27/13 10:10 PM (permalink)
    Hello all ,
    We usually pick up but on the occasion we have pizza deliver  we take care of him , always a five spot , and even if they say 45 minutes , they are there earlier , not cold either
    By us we have Beat The Clock nights on  Tues and wed at two different  places , call at six pay six bucks for pie , pick up only
    Not a chain , regular pizza , not skimped on these nights , I have checked , ordered other nights same great taste
    And in a rstaurant , doing a good job gets 20 % minimum  out of us , two small kids , threy usually work for it . On the other hand bad service and it drops sharply
    Benzee

kathy_in_wlsv

• Total Posts: 103
      Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Fri, 03/29/13 3:36 PM (permalink)
      we live in a very small rural village. There are 3 places that deliver food here. 2 Pizza places and a Chinese place. we tip a couple bucks,  plus what ever lose change there would be. When our daughter was the pizza girl thats about what she got and she was thrilled.

In this village you probably know the delivery guy, if you aren't actually related to him !! So yeah  you tip.

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
        Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Fri, 03/29/13 5:02 PM (permalink)
        "I'm really surprised that people wouldn't tip the pizza delivery guy.  We've found that generous tips mean faster service and hotter food."

^^this works in bars, too. I cant drink, but still leave a decent tip, and next time I'm in, WHEE!!!! Fast friendly service. Same with the pizza guy & the Chinese delivery guy.

I was gonna respond to pnwchef but then he/she said Pizza Hut +  they thought a 15% tip was generous.

The point of tipping the delivery person, for me, is this:

If I don't have to put a bra & shoes on and leave my house and drive somewhere (I hate driving) and fight traffic, and can have dinner brought to my door, you are getting $5, provided you didn't leave anyone's meal back at the restaurant. And if you did? You bet your sweet bippy you will be delivering that as well. For that second trip here? No tip. I'm not going to reward you for not double checking the bag before you left.

Tony Bad

Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Fri, 03/29/13 10:27 PM (permalink)
          stricken_detective

If I don't have to put a bra & shoes on and leave my house...you are getting $5

Coincidentally, this is the same reasoning Joe Rogo uses when tipping.  

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
            Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Sat, 03/30/13 10:41 PM (permalink)
            ^^lol

The Chinese place has both my home & work addresses in their computer (they deliver + they have a salt free menu = I love them). They recently set up a website, and we ordered from it once, but it needed to work out some bugs, so we've just been calling our orders in.

A few weeks ago I got an email at work, Subject: Aimee, We Miss You! From: Panda Moon. I almost answered the email: Panda!!!! Ya crazy bastard, how ya been!?!? How are the kids??

All kidding aside, I think you are tipping for the convenience of having the food brought to you. I'm appreciative & tip accordingly.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
              Re:HOW MUCH ARE YOU SUPPOST TO TIP PIZZA GUY Sat, 03/30/13 10:50 PM (permalink)
              Oh Panda Moon...what's this from business? Where is the love?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com