Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S

Author
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2005/01/06 23:13:15 (permalink)

Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S

Their "Route 66" with grilled mushrooms and onions, was superb. One of the better ones I have had in a while. The 50's setting is always fun, especially this time, at Underground Atlanta---a tourist destination in the heart of downtown. The only bummer, were some pretty generic, simpleton fries. No spice, no bite, no nothing. Of course years ago Lum's spoiled me with seasoned fries, and Checker's does a decent job now.

Any other JOHNNY ROCKET'S opinions...

5 Replies Related Threads

Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2980
    RE: Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S 2005/01/07 00:01:21 (permalink)
    We had a Red Robin open here about a year or so ago. I ate there sometime during the first week, and the burger was pretty good, they even made it with pink in the middle. I ate there a few months later and it was a non-descript run of the mill family chain burger joint, not worth returning to.

Tom
    Unknown Cavalier
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S 2005/01/08 15:12:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ULVER

Their "Route 66" with grilled mushrooms and onions, was superb. One of the better ones I have had in a while. The 50's setting is always fun, especially this time, at Underground Atlanta---a tourist destination in the heart of downtown. The only bummer, were some pretty generic, simpleton fries. No spice, no bite, no nothing. Of course years ago Lum's spoiled me with seasoned fries, and Checker's does a decent job now.

Any other JOHNNY ROCKET'S opinions...

I am a very big fan of Johnny Rocket's; my favorite thing to eat there is the chili burger. I like ground turkey on my burger along w/ a cherry coke, and I love to watch the staff get down to music while I eat. Checkers leaves a lot to be desired; there's a site right by where I work; McDonald's is OK, Wendy's is OK, Burger King leaves a lot to be desired. If only there was a Sonic in my town. Seems like all the good burgers sites are out of town. I live in Delaware, and I would love to have a Sonic site in my state. As far as I'm concerned, Johnny Rocket's rules!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18372
    RE: Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S 2005/01/08 15:17:54 (permalink)
    I've tried, but I can't stand the noise.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18372
    RE: Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S 2005/01/08 15:20:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mosca

We had a Red Robin open here about a year or so ago. I ate there sometime during the first week, and the burger was pretty good, they even made it with pink in the middle. I ate there a few months later and it was a non-descript run of the mill family chain burger joint, not worth returning to.

Tom

I haven't been to Red Robin in a while, but the few times I did go I found the food to be pretty good. I always got the hamburger with grilled onions, and they always cooked it rare, as ordered. I thought the French fries were pretty good, and I'm not a big fan of French fries.
    bjanuary
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Had a GREAT Burger at JOHNNY ROCKET'S 2006/03/11 10:26:00 (permalink)
    Johnny Rockets is a very average burger with a funny aftertaste. Way too pricey for what you get. Not a place for burger lovers.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1