Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill

Author
HarryDunn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
2012/07/21 19:44:15 (permalink)

Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill

When I travel near a Ted's BG, I always make a point to grab a bite because I just cannot NOT eat their half-sours they serve when you are seated.  If ANYONE has a half-sour recipe that is close to theirs (or knows their secret) I sure would appreciate it.  I've tried a ton but just cannot get mine to taste the same!  Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

DawnT
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill 2012/07/21 22:09:41 (permalink)
    I think we had a thread on this a while back. You might also want to look up recipes for polish ogurki, particularly the shorter brined, green and crucnchy version in the clay crock. The ones my grandmother made were nothing but salt,garlic,dill,and water. One thing that makes a difference is the process and pickle selection. How you wash them, temp,  how the pickle looks at the stem, how they're layered with the dill and garlic, even the salt and water. I grew up with the garlicy ones, that's not everyone's idea of a half-sour and more Polish. Pickleing isn't a worthwhile venture for a chain or high volume restaurant. Odds that you're eating a prepared pickle. In today's better foods through chemistry, anything is possible with the taste.
    Birdhunter
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re:Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill 2012/07/21 22:56:45 (permalink)
    Here's what my friend and I did at the Ted's in Highland Ranch, Colorado.
    We asked the waitress if we could buy some, She went and asked the manager and he said sure. We went there and he charged us $20.00 and the 5 gallon bucket was over have full. I would guess 5 to 6 quarts of them.
    They are the best.
    I do have a recipe but they maybe a little more saltly. Pickle season is here in Wisconsin , have to make some.
    I do have the address from the bucket, have to look for it.
    post edited by Birdhunter - 2012/07/21 22:58:40
    mhill95
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 190
    Re:Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill 2012/07/21 23:56:27 (permalink)
    I'm pretty sure this is Ted's Supplier:
    www.unitedpickle.com
    Mike
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 551
    Re:Half Sours from Ted's Buffalo Grill 2012/07/22 14:54:43 (permalink)

Is Ted's Buffalo Grill the same place that used to be called Ted's Montana Grill, partly owned by Ted Turner?  We had a Ted's Montana Grill near us in Sterling, VA, but it closed a couple years ago.   Did they come back as Ted's Buffalo Grill, or are we talking about a completely different place? 

Thanks.

Glenn

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1