Originally posted by Maynerd
Originally posted by tiki
oh--and do heat the ham and use a biscuit recipe from Patti LaBelle's Labelle Cuisine Cookbook!mmmmmm-good!
Could you possibly post this biscuit recipe?
Patty LaBells' Grandmother Temples Flying Biscuits--so nabe after family members claimed they were so light that they have been seen to flout up off the platter all by themselves!!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl.
3. Add the shortening.
4. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs.
5. Stir in the buttermilk to make a soft dough.
6. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead gently, just until the surface of the dough isn't sticky. Do not overknead.
Yield: 8 Biscuits
Notes: Tips for light biscuits from Patti's grandmother:
don't overhandle the dough
Stir the dough just until it is moistened and clumps together.
Gather up the dough and knead it just a couple of times until it smooths out
Use a gentle hand when you form the biscuits.
credit must be given to La Belle Cuisine Cookbook and the incomperanle Miss Patty LaBelle!!