Ham, grocery store brands, best, and how to fix em

Author
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
2006/12/28 16:50:44 (permalink)

Ham, grocery store brands, best, and how to fix em

Cook's brand is always on sale during the holidays. I have used the shank and also the butt cuts. The butt has less waste but the shank is good also. Is this brand available everywhere? Are there some better brands?

And, the best way to heat them up. I slow cook in the oven or crock. Some folks boil them I hear.
Joe

1 Reply Related Threads

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6352
    RE: Ham, grocery store brands, best, and how to fix em 2006/12/28 17:21:50 (permalink)
    PJ8

I slow cooked a cook's brand butt cut, yesterday.

I made some cuts into it, and made a glaze of honey, brown sugar, and a bit of cajun mustard. Spread that all over the ham and let it slow cook, every so often I raised the lid and basted it with the run off in the bottom of the crock pot.

We had home made mac & cheese, creamed spinach, ham and some pan biscuits for dinner last night.

today for lunch I made little ham and biscuit sammies and enjoyed them in the 55 degree weather we had today with my son down at the local park.

Nothing like a picnic in the deeps of winter (winter, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I forgot what snow looks like)

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1