Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hamburger Seasonings

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
tlbartle

• Total Posts: 30
RE: Hamburger Seasonings Sat, 03/6/04 11:36 AM (permalink)
I've never had a vegie burger! I love meat so much but Grampy, you made this sound good! What does a veggie burger taste like? I've seen the premade ones in the grocers freezer, how would you make it at home?

Grampy

• Total Posts: 1559
    RE: Hamburger Seasonings Sat, 03/6/04 12:07 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tlbartle

I've never had a vegie burger! I love meat so much but Grampy, you made this sound good! What does a veggie burger taste like? I've seen the premade ones in the grocers freezer, how would you make it at home?

I, too, am a devoted carnivore when it comes to burgers, but I do try everything. There are so may veggie burgers, and most are terrible. They need "beefing up" so to speak. Trader Joe's has some good varieties. To make your own, think of a vegetable meatloaf. The best homemade I have had was a sautéed mixture leeks, wild mushrooms tomato, garlic red bell pepper, and spinach. The veggies were removed to a bowl, and bread crumbs and Parmesan were added. After it cooled, the mixture was formed into patties, topped with fontina and baked for in a 375° oven for 15 minutes, and served with focaccia -- not your average veggie burger.

forurlungsonly

• Total Posts: 92
      RE: Hamburger Seasonings Sat, 03/6/04 1:33 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by zussers

Every one has such deeliscious recipes! I am a vegetarian and have yet to find a decent veggie burger! Does anyone have any ideas on how to make that soy patty taste good? I dream of a real hamburger!

I love veggie burgers but my preference admittedly goes towards the vegetable/grainy ones, not the ones that look like a burger but aren't ("fake meat" as I call them). Gardenburger brand makes some excellent varieties if you like the ones that aren't "fake meat." The original is full of cheese and mushrooms and is good plain, or with a nice slice of sharp cheddar on top. They make a roasted vegetable one that is good and garlicky; I top this one off with a little ranch dressing. Never made a homemade one myself.

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
        RE: Hamburger Seasonings Wed, 01/5/05 10:00 AM (permalink)
        I like to add onion flakes, salt, plenty of pepper and Mortons Natures Seasoning and maybe a little garlic pepper. Last night, I wanted to something different with ground beef-so I went back to the old Scout stand-by with a little modifications. I made foil packets of hamburger with the above seasonings-made into patties, then I added sliced potatos, onions and carrots. I then topped this off with cream of mushroom soup and paprika and sealed the foil packs and let bake until the vegis were fork tender. This was great!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com