Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut

Author
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
2006/06/26 16:56:38 (permalink)

Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut

We grilled out hamburgers last night and my son said he wanted to try the burger w/donut he had been reading about on the net. He ran up to the convenience store and got a couple KK donuts. He cut the donut in half like a bun and added the hamburger. Well, there wasn't a snowball in hell chance that I was going to even try this (or anyone else in the family). After he ate one KK burger and one regular burger he said the KK burger was better than the regular burger. I wonder if he was just trying to justify himself? Has anyone here tried this? Let me know.

15 Replies Related Threads

JBarry713
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 243
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/26 17:00:15 (permalink)
    Never tried it, sounds disgusting, but heard that one minor league baseball stadium served hamburgers like this during one game this season.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/26 17:55:08 (permalink)
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11964&SearchTerms=kreme,burger

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11970&SearchTerms=luther,burger

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13373&SearchTerms=luther,burger

Been discussed at length here on roadfood.
    Bluemaxx
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 465
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/26 21:48:42 (permalink)
    LMAO!!! This is GREAT!! I definitely have to try that. But I figure that since we have a KK near our home here in FL, and they will most likely be HOT and fresh instead of the day old ones at the gas station, I will have to pack my KK donut inside a regular bun, kinda like a tomato only sweeter! SassyGritsAL, tell your son he is my hero for combining my two favorite foods.
    SassyGritsAL
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 10:32:02 (permalink)
    "Been discussed at length here on roadfood" - Yes, I know it has, I just wanted to share with everyone that my son tried it, and liked it.

Bluemaxx - Will do!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 11:59:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11964&SearchTerms=kreme,burger

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11970&SearchTerms=luther,burger

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13373&SearchTerms=luther,burger

Been discussed at length here on roadfood.

The fact that it had been discussed before, didn't seem to bother you when you started your thread, only 3 hours after another thread on the same topic was going. Nor did it stop you to know that the conversation also took place a year before that: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6548&SearchTerms=baseball,burger

so what? it's been discussed before. Let's rope SassyGrits up and give her a good chastisement for offering up her new thread on an old subject.

IT's like people who ask where to eat in a certain location and ten people tell them that it has been discussed before. Nevermind the fact that the older posts may likely have outdated info including restaurants that have gone bad, gone out of business or had health issues. Not to mention the outdated posts will not have any of the new restaurants listed.

For example, the guy looking for cheap eats in DC. Had he read old posts, he might not have gotten info on "Bus Boy and Poets" a new restaurant in U St neightborhood with inexpensive good food and performing arts experiences at night.

I believe, there was just a thread about a Stern reviewed restaurant from 2001 that may be outdated as new reports from roadfoodies seem to think the place may have changed.

Bluemaxx
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 465
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 14:51:49 (permalink)
    Exactly! Not everyone reads every single topic posted on these forums. Nor do some of us have time to research every food and every question about every place we think of. This topic is what caught my eye and this topic is what I responded to.
    SassyGritsAL
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 14:57:51 (permalink)
    Thank you Scorereader and Bluemaxx. I honestly didn't know that there were that many discussions going on about the KK burgers. I do not read every single topic posted and I again just wanted to share the experience with others.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 15:40:29 (permalink)
    I was merely referring to the other links as a source of information, Mr scorereader.
    Pardon my azzzzzzzzzzz.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 15:50:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

I was merely referring to the other links as a source of information, Mr scorereader.
    Pardon my azzzzzzzzzzz.

the terseness and language of your post suggested you were trying to squelch the topic.

Based on your defensive and tasteless response, it would appear I was correct.
    salsailsa
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 405
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/27 18:53:51 (permalink)
    As a newer poster to this board, I thank you Scorereader. I can't understand why people just don't SOB if they aren't interested in a topic for whatever reason, or in this case as it has already been discussed at length. It is discouraging to receive a response of "links" to old discussions rather than active, new discord. Heck, often things are changing anyhow- the world is a dynamic place. The only fear I would have is agreeing and disagreeing on the same topic in different posts. I guess that would be a true sign that my memmory is fading at 30.

As per the topic at hand- I've never HAD a Krispy Cream Donut. I generally don't like donuts but am willing to try anything. Not sure I could eat a burger on a donut but I do like the sausage-patty/pancake sandwich combination which combines meat and sweet bread.
    Fred Ferris
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/28 13:10:13 (permalink)
    Exactly....that is one of the things I most like about this site is the (relative) civility of the people who post here....in contrast, I was just on the Chicago LTH site for the first time recently...and there's just so much tension and impatience there.....honestly, is this all THAT serious? Let's have fun...

Krispee Kreme Hamburgers? Next thing you know, someone will dream up putting french fries on a hoagie!...(sorry Pittsburgh)
    salsailsa
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 405
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/28 15:02:05 (permalink)
    Fred- The french have a thing with putting french fries in their hot sandwiches. There was a roadfood type place called Le Glutton in a town I lived in where if you ordered your panini avec frites (with fries) they put them in with the filling and then put it in the sandwich press. You had to order une barquette de frites (a container of frie) if you wanted what we are accustomed to. Kebab places did it too. If you ordered a Kebab-frites you got fries in your sandwich.
    Fred Ferris
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/28 15:43:00 (permalink)
    That's really something...man, talk about upping the calorie/fat ante!

You may also have heard of Primati Brothers in Pittsburgh where this type of killer sandwhich is legendary...since we're off the hamburger topic here I'll cut this short...but every time I'm in Pittsburgh I'm soooooo tempted to try one...just can't justify it though (I don't WANT to love it!)
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/29 08:34:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fred Ferris

That's really something...man, talk about upping the calorie/fat ante!

You may also have heard of Primati Brothers in Pittsburgh where this type of killer sandwhich is legendary...since we're off the hamburger topic here I'll cut this short...but every time I'm in Pittsburgh I'm soooooo tempted to try one...just can't justify it though (I don't WANT to love it!)

Regarding that fat/calorie ante, when looking up info on where they serve this donut burger, I came across this:

Mulligan's, a suburban bar in Decatur, Georgia, serves a dish they call the "Hamdog": a hot dog wrapped in a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions, and served on a hoagie bun topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries. (As Nicholas Lang, a professor of surgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, told an Associated Press reporter, "If you choke [a Hamdog] down, you might as well find a heart surgeon because you are going to need one.")

Yikes! Makes that donut thing look like health food!
    WVHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    RE: Hamburger w/Krispy Kreme Donut 2006/06/29 09:43:02 (permalink)
    Burger in a donut with bacon on top.

Score one for Grandpa and Uncle Ruckus.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1