Hamburgers in Indy

Author
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 328
2005/03/27 13:09:11 (permalink)

Hamburgers in Indy

My favorite place for a great old fashioned double cheeseburger is the Workingman's Friend Tavern in Indianapolis. Its about a mile from my job so I make it over there every week or so. It is a true roadfood experience, housed in an ancient building in an edgy neighborhood on the near westside. It is consistantly is mentioned in Indy's top places to get a great burger. The hamburger itself is handformed with crispy edges like S'N'S but thicker and juicier. The double has a middle bun between the patties ( like a Big Mac but that is the only similarity ). They make a good Breaded Tenderloin sandwich, but I always order the Doublecheeseburger platter.

2 Replies Related Threads

Gizmolito
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 312
    RE: Hamburgers in Indy 2005/03/27 13:28:40 (permalink)
    I've got to try that place. I remember Reid Duffy (used to be at Channel 6) just RAVED about the burgers there.
    Tristan, have you ever been to Ralph's Great Divide? Great tavern food, good burgers, and their specialty is potato soup. It's on the near East Side (I think New Jersy St.) Near where Matket Sq. Arena used to be.
    Tristan Indiana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 328
    RE: Hamburgers in Indy 2005/03/27 13:39:30 (permalink)
    I used to love seeing Reid Duffy's restaurant reviews on the news. I haven't been to Great Divide, sounds like its near one of my other favorites, Old Point Tavern where Vermont, Alabama, and Mass. Avenue meet.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1