Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing?

Author
paulc
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2014/04/19 21:24:13 (permalink)

Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing?

Hi all,

First post here - I know this isn't really the exact place for this type of question, but this was the only place I could find that had some related posts about fixing up malt machines. If anyone has another link I can look, that would be greatly appreciated as well!

I've got a model 30 Hamilton Beach malt/milkshake machine - it needs to come apart for cleaning. I have everything disassembled, switch out, motor off, etc. However, I can't seem to find the trick to opening up the motor casing.
Does anyone have any input on this that has restored one in the past?

Thanks!

4 Replies Related Threads

paulc
    Junior Burger
    Re:Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing? 2014/04/19 22:44:36 (permalink)
    False alarm - I hadn't taken out the brushes. Once this was done, it came apart easily. Now to clean it all up.

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing? 2014/04/20 11:05:59 (permalink)
    Good luck with the fix!

That's a beautiful model for a milkshake machine...
    paulc
    Junior Burger
    Re:Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing? 2014/04/21 20:09:11 (permalink)
    Thanks, appreciated CC.
    Now I have a new problem - does anyone know how to separate the stirring spindle so I can separate the bottom of the motor casing and get access to the bearing to replace? Or direct me to someone who may know?

Thanks!
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Hamilton Beach Model 30 Malt Machine - opening motor casing? 2014/04/21 23:34:33 (permalink)
    You're welcome Paul & welcome to Roadfood!

Gotta get those shakes shakin'

Many of those restored models are sold quite often on Ebay.

I'd check Ebay & Craigslist listings & if you see one that's being sold as restored by owner that might be a good source of all the answers to your questions as far as parts & the restoration process. People who enjoy fixing & restoring things often love talking & sharing about it.

All the sellers on EBay have Paypal accounts as well so if you find a seller willing to share valuable information & guidance & they're someone that's been there & done all that maybe they'd love to share about it...or you can always offer to throw a few bucks their way for the favor & their time.

Both of you will most likely be happy with that deal. That's like one hand washes the other...while both hands make the shakes.
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2014/04/22 00:08:30
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1