Harbor House, Clifton Park, NY

Author
octopus
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 264
2005/07/01 11:27:25 (permalink)

Harbor House, Clifton Park, NY

Located on Rte 9, between exits 9 and 10 off of I87. This is one of those places that all of the locals go to. Probably the best Clam Chowder anywhere I would put it up against the Best in New England. I know the guy who runs this family owned and operated restaurant. Go on a Friday night and the line runs clear outside. Funny as it may seem they have great Chicken Tenders as well. Full fried menu from Fish Fry's to Clams. Friendly people even the guys in the kitchen know what I order when I come in.

2 Replies Related Threads

rwschemquest
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Harbor House, Clifton Park, NY 2005/08/14 10:32:53 (permalink)
    I tried this place last week and had the fish dinner. Was huge, but contained at least a quart of pure grease. Was up sick all night. Locals may love it, but be prepared for an oil change.

quote:
    Originally posted by octopus

Located on Rte 9, between exits 9 and 10 off of I87. This is one of those places that all of the locals go to. Probably the best Clam Chowder anywhere I would put it up against the Best in New England. I know the guy who runs this family owned and operated restaurant. Go on a Friday night and the line runs clear outside. Funny as it may seem they have great Chicken Tenders as well. Full fried menu from Fish Fry's to Clams. Friendly people even the guys in the kitchen know what I order when I come in.
    octopus
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 264
    RE: Harbor House, Clifton Park, NY 2005/08/24 17:44:23 (permalink)
    I have never had an incident with overly greasy food there. However I should have put a disclaimer that Fish Fries are actually deep fried in oil. Sorry about that.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1