The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger

Sundancer7

Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Sat, 01/10/04 8:10 PM (permalink)
I have been doing the Atkins thing for almost five months. It ain't easy finding something that you like to eat and the diet is boring. I read where Hardees had a low carb burger and tonight out of desperation on the way home, I bought one.

The thing is huge wrapped in lettuce and in a paper container to keep the mess from running all over you. I have to report that it was good and had onion, cheese and mayo. The burger seemed like it was charcoaled and was tasty. Normally I do not like Hardees, but this was good. I paid $4.89 for it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3588
    RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Mon, 01/12/04 12:46 PM (permalink)
    It'll work until you come out here to the Left Coast and have an In-n-Out Burger "Protein Wrap". Those are just plain yummy!

CheeseWit

• Total Posts: 1393
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Mon, 01/12/04 1:38 PM (permalink)
      I wish we had a Hardee's near me. I would order that burger as I'm doing Atkins again.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
        RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Tue, 01/13/04 8:19 PM (permalink)
        "The thing is huge wrapped in lettuce and in a paper container to keep the mess from running all over you. I have to report that it was good and had onion, cheese and mayo. The burger seemed like it was charcoaled and was tasty. Normally I do not like Hardees, but this was good. I paid $4.89 for it."

Hmmm. Sundancer... Does this negate your prior comments about Hardee's on another thread???

b-n-kchefservice

• Total Posts: 69
          RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Tue, 01/13/04 10:46 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by clothier

Have you had the new Subway Atkins wrap yet? I saw the commercial last night while I was rooting Cheesewit's Eagle's on to victory.

b-n-kchefservice

RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Tue, 01/13/04 10:53 PM (permalink)
            I am on the atkins programand and today I tried one of the wraps from Subway. I had the turkey bacon ranch. it was actually pretty good. I think I would have prefered that it hadnt been heated, it may have had a little more crunch to it if served cold. and if I get another I may swap the ranch for just mayo and a littel salt and pepper. also they recomed that for the veggie you use green pepper, onion, and black olives. I opted for pickles, jalpenos, and onion. but that didnt change anything as far as the carbs go. so when it boils down to it, yes I ate one, I will eat another, and I would recomend it to a friend. until next time. Barry and KImberlee, MI
            quote:
            Originally posted by Adjudicator

"The thing is huge wrapped in lettuce and in a paper container to keep the mess from running all over you. I have to report that it was good and had onion, cheese and mayo. The burger seemed like it was charcoaled and was tasty. Normally I do not like Hardees, but this was good. I paid $4.89 for it."

Hmmm. Sundancer... Does this negate your prior comments about Hardee's on another thread???

b-n-kchefservice

RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 12:15 AM (permalink)
              OOPS looks like I quoted the wrong post . Sorry

Sundancer7

RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 7:04 AM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Adjudicator

ADJ: You are back???

It does not negate my earlier comments about Hardee's. I found something there that I like besides their bisquit.

Doing the Atkins thing leaves you will fewer choices. Perhaps the term "any port in a storm applies here".

Paul E. Smith
                Knoxville, TN

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                  RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 8:09 AM (permalink)
                  Question--Hardees/Carls Jrs???--same operation different name Is this a Hellmans /Best foods thing?

renfrew

• Total Posts: 696
                    RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 8:16 AM (permalink)
                    my wife is very interested in trying it, but for a different reason. She has celiac disease and as such can't consume any wheat or derivatives. Roadfood is extrememely hard for us now, and we have to be creative.

thanks for the post

Bill B.

• Total Posts: 322
                      RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 10:29 AM (permalink)
                      Because I'm on Atkins, Hardee's and I have a good relationship right now: Their sausage-and-egg biscuits are on sale (eat the sausage & egg and throw away the biscuit), so that takes care of breakfast; and their bunless Atkins burger takes care of lunch. Makes it pretty easy to stay at 20 carbs or less a day.

IansMom

• Total Posts: 394
                        RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 10:41 AM (permalink)
                        Tiki
                        Yeah Hardee's is Carl's Jr...

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3588
                          RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 1:28 PM (permalink)
                          That explains it----was in Carl's Jr. this morning-----I have to admit the photo of the "Low-Carb Six-Dollar Burger" looked pretty good!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                            RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 2:49 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by IansMom

Tiki
                            Yeah Hardee's is Carl's Jr...

Thought so---thanks!

CheeseWit

• Roadfood Insider
                              RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 2:55 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by clothier

Have you had the new Subway Atkins wrap yet? I saw the commercial last night while I was rooting Cheesewit's Eagle's on to victory.

Thank you clothier for rooting for my beloved Eagles. The cheeseheads were outdone by the cheesesteak heads. This week, we will beat the Panthers and our cheesesteaks will overcome the BBQrs.
                              JaneDough and I both tried the Atkins wraps Monday night and we enjoyed them very much. I shouldn't have had it as I'm still doing the induction phase of Atkins and these are not for that phase.

CheeseWit

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Wed, 01/14/04 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                I see that Burger King has begun offering the Whopper in a low carb bunless version. It is in a salad bowl served with fork and knife.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                                  RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Thu, 01/15/04 9:07 PM (permalink)
                                  Just a thought... Whenever I ate @ BK in the past (never now), I always ended up with "mucho" bread left, considering how everything slipped & managed to making eat same difficult. Anyway & regardless, I never ate much of 'da bun. It seems that I have also incorporated the same kind 'o idea when I cook hamburgers (aka cheeseburgers) at home. I do not eat with bread. Plenty of fresh veggies abound, along with regular topin's, even BACON @ times..., but bread wuz last thing on my mind. Oh well.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4484
                                    RE: Hardees 2/3 lb low carb burger Fri, 01/16/04 9:30 AM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by CheeseWit

I see that Burger King has begun offering the Whopper in a low carb bunless version. It is in a salad bowl served with fork and knife.
                                    Yes, and they've advised all their franchisees to charge the same price, bun or no bun....odd

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com