Hardees Continues To Improve

Author
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 643
2005/05/27 18:34:19 (permalink)

Hardees Continues To Improve

Had a one-third lb thickburger w/ cheese today at Hardees and it was absolutely delicious. Charcoal-grilled w/ just the right amount of fixings, freshly prepared and served w/ above average fries. The burger was WAAAYYYY better than BK's signature Whopper w/ cheese and a whole lot better than just about any other FF burger that's out there (except for In N Out). In addition the dining room area had been recently renovated and whole place looked and smelled fresh and new. No brainer: I'd go back there for a burger "fix" any day.
CKE, Inc is making a real move to capture market share for this perennial loser of a chain and IMHO they're succeeding.

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

22 Replies Related Threads

Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 18:46:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by QFan

Had a one-third lb thickburger w/ cheese today at Hardees and it was absolutely delicious. Charcoal-grilled w/ just the right amount of fixings, freshly prepared and served w/ above average fries. The burger was WAAAYYYY better than BK's signature Whopper w/ cheese and a whole lot better than just about any other FF burger that's out there (except for In N Out). In addition the dining room area had been recently renovated and whole place looked and smelled fresh and new. No brainer: I'd go back there for a burger "fix" any day.
    CKE, Inc is making a real move to capture market share for this perennial loser of a chain and IMHO they're succeeding.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Well..... OK........... Just remember that the new Hardee's burgers are pre-cooked and pre-(artificially) flavored before they hit the "flame-tunnel". I dare you to ask for one "hot-off-the-grill". I did once, and all I got was stupid looks.
    Hode
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 18:47:14 (permalink)
    I agree / I like the new Hardee's angus burgers. The hot ham and cheese is another goodie. I don't have Hardee's in my area but when I am on the road and find one it is a welcome choice.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18664
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 19:53:22 (permalink)
    I've been promising myself a trip to Circleville, Ohio (the closest Hardee's) since they came out with the Monster Thickburger. I just hope I make it before it's gone.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 20:29:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Well..... OK........... Just remember that the new Hardee's burgers are pre-cooked and pre-(artificially) flavored before they hit the "flame-tunnel". I dare you to ask for one "hot-off-the-grill". I did once, and all I got was stupid looks.

Just a follow-up. Does anyone remember when Hardee's was REALLY good??? AKA in the early seventies??? (Hurry on down to Hardee's, where the burgers are charco-broiled...)
    GordonW
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 924
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 20:51:45 (permalink)
    In my town, Hardee's is the dirtiest fast-food I've ever been in -- uncleaned tables, food scraps on the floor, dirty restrooms. That's how they treat the public spaces; what's going on in the kitchen? And, or course, Hardees is part of CKE, and Carl's Jr., the same people who brought you Paris Hilton.
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 21:20:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I've been promising myself a trip to Circleville, Ohio (the closest Hardee's) since they came out with the Monster Thickburger. I just hope I make it before it's gone.

Michael, maybe if you start walking now you'll make it just in time.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 21:44:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by carlton pierre

quote:

Well, it's about 30 miles. As I do three or four an hour, I suppose I could make it for breakfast.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/27 21:47:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL

Understood. I just don't want to make eating (and enjoying) an occasional FF hamburger too complicated. I certainly would prefer one made hot and fresh at a great little M & P place along a blue highway. My taste test only holds up in comparison to what the other fast food biggies out there are offering. Most of them, sadly, offer a burger that is a manufacturing compromise and tastes that way. Not so w/ the burger I had today at Hardees. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    AndreaB
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/28 07:50:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by GordonW

In my town, Hardee's is the dirtiest fast-food I've ever been in -- uncleaned tables, food scraps on the floor, dirty restrooms. That's how they treat the public spaces; what's going on in the kitchen? And, or course, Hardees is part of CKE, and Carl's Jr., the same people who brought you Paris Hilton.

Agreed. Our Versailles Hardees is gone and is replaced by a used car lot. I used to love the mushroom and swiss but the last time I went there (for old time's sake) it was inedible.

Andrea
    Mark in Ohio
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 181
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/28 10:50:31 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, it's about 30 miles. As I do three or four an hour, I suppose I could make it for breakfast.
    Hi Michael, come on down to Roundtown, I just drove by their Hardee's this morning after work and they were doing a thriving breakfast business. If worst comes to worst, I work in Circleville's hospital and we'll take good care of you. Just kidding, the local Hardee's does a good job and they keep the place clean.
    WaffleHouserules
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 353
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/28 10:53:28 (permalink)
    Personally, I think Hardees makes a good burger for a fast food joint. Now no fast food joint has a real flavored burger, but on top of all other fast food joints, Hardees makes the best burgers of them.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/28 11:22:58 (permalink)
    New Hardee's "10 Ton" Burger

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/28 11:34:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mark in Ohio

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Michael, come on down to Roundtown, I just drove by their Hardee's this morning after work and they were doing a thriving breakfast business. If worst comes to worst, I work in Circleville's hospital and we'll take good care of you. Just kidding, the local Hardee's does a good job and they keep the place clean.

You know, except for passing by on 23, or heading to the Pickaway Couonty Sportsmen's Club on 22, I haven't actually been in Circleville since the Pumpkin Festival in about 1996. And I hate having to park at Ted Lewis Park and walk all the way into town.
    carlton pierre
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 07:53:49 (permalink)
    Do they have Hardees in Michigan?
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 09:04:12 (permalink)
    quote:

According to their web site they have a dozen mostly in the larger city areas. You can Google directly to Hardees-- or CKE, Inc also has a locator for all the CKE restaurants nationwide.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 09:57:00 (permalink)
    http://cke.know-where.com/hardees/
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 14:58:22 (permalink)
    "Hardees Contiues To Improve"------to my mind, this is not a difficult thing to do. I just never was impressed and it was ALWAYS the slowest drive up service i ever encounted. I still think if i cant get a good local burger the only ff chain i like is In and Out. Fresh cooked--my way--and a system and menu that is simple enough that you really can take a bunch of non pro cooks--like students--and put out a decent product at a good price that has the "feel" of a classic old style burger. There are non here i Oklahoma--but--we have NO shortage of GOOD local burgers!
    Rex Allen
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 15:12:25 (permalink)
    Hardees may have improved on the right coast, but not in San Diego. I read your many posts and on the way to work stopped off at the one on Midway, Boo, Hiss, Bad, very bad food no flavor etc. and bad employee attitude. Whole place needs to be steam cleaned!
    Rex in VE San Diego.
    carlton pierre
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/29 17:13:54 (permalink)
    I was just kidding about Hardees in Michigan. I knew WaffleHouseRules was concerned at the lack of Waffle Houses there.
    WaffleHouserules
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 353
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/30 11:43:42 (permalink)
    Exit 118 of of I 75 in Flint (Michigan 21), got one down the road in Hazel park also. Tim Hortons bought out most Hardees in Michigan. Used to have one less than a mile from me.
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/05/31 08:25:43 (permalink)
    Hardee's makes a good sausage and cheese bisciut for brkfast. The MoNSTER is rather tasty not to mention filling and since Hardee's is the closet drivethrough to the beach its perfect for those evenings sitting on the dunes watching the rising moon paint the ocean with silver............
    VuduHippy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Hardees Continues To Improve 2005/08/11 19:33:52 (permalink)
    quote:

Hardees disappeared from the Metro-Detroit area about 9-10 years ago and pretty much were all transformed into Tim Horton's! A single franchised Hardees in Berkeley MI (Coolidge & 10 Mile Rd) remained open up until about a year and a half ago and closed.
    Last year, a brand new Hardees opened on John R, North or 9 Mile in Hazel Park in an old Burger King (which ironically was an Original Burger Chef before the BK).
    About a month or 2 ago, another new Hardees opened up in the area, in Sterling Heights, on Mound Rd, just North of 15 Mile Rd (Another defunct Burger King location), and this place is ALWAYS PACKED!
    Looks as if Hardees is slowly making a return to the Metro-Detroit area!
    John
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1