Hardee's Jummmmbo

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13476
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/03 12:53:58 (permalink)
After a busy morning shopping at the Five Oaks Outlet Mall in Pigeon Forge, the Sundancer stopped at Hardees for a sample of their thickburger. They offer a 1/3 pound, 1/2 pound and a 2/3 pound monster. I opted for the 1/3 lb job.

Very truthfully and sincerely, I have never been a fan of anything Hardees did except their breakfast sandwiches which in my opinion is due to their bisquits which are wonderful.

It appears that Hardees is sincerely trying to kick it up a notch or two and I believe they have done better than that. Again I will state that this is my opinion but the burger was very good. I did add cheese and I was able to consume about 1/2 of the burger.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/04 12:07:15 (permalink)
It is Saturday afternoon and I have had my carbs for the day and maybe the week. I just bought the Hardee's Monster Thickburger which was 2/3 of a pound. I had to add some toppings with onion, extra mayo, lettuce and may.

Again, I have not been a fan of Hardee's but this burger was real good. It is not the taste of the huge burger that makes it good, it is the combination lf all the ingredients.

I sliced it into 1/4 portions and I ate only a fourth of the burger. They are huge, delicous and I must admit, I enjoyed.

Incidentally their fries are good particularly when hot.

Their breakfast sandwichs are the best.

Hardees may emerge finally with all great products.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/04 18:00:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

It is Saturday afternoon and I have had my carbs for the day and maybe the week. I just bought the Hardee's Monster Thickburger which was 2/3 of a pound. I had to add some toppings with onion, extra mayo, lettuce and may.

Again, I have not been a fan of Hardee's but this burger was real good. It is not the taste of the huge burger that makes it good, it is the combination lf all the ingredients.

I sliced it into 1/4 portions and I ate only a fourth of the burger. They are huge, delicous and I must admit, I enjoyed.

Incidentally their fries are good particularly when hot.

Their breakfast sandwichs are the best.

Hardees may emerge finally with all great products.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

I must admit I would never expected a pro Hardee's post (besides B'fast foods) from you, Paul. Sh_t, I guess I will have to try some o' them, now...
rmcielwain
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 613
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/04 18:05:40 (permalink)

I agree with Sundancer - have to have my 1/3 lb. Thickburger combo
usually on Fridays, like yesterday.... [|)]
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/04 18:11:52 (permalink)
I must admit I would never expected a pro Hardee's post (besides B'fast foods) from you, Paul. Sh_t, I guess I will have to try some o' them, now...

I only gave you my opinion and that is all it was. Taste is a matter of personal opinion. My opinion was what I stated. Burger was not only huge, it was pretty dadgum good.

Hardee's has never been all that good in my opinion except for their bisquits for breakfast. It appears that they are trying to emerge into semi excellence with burgers. They may be getting there. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain.
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/04 18:51:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

I only gave you my opinion and that is all it was. Taste is a matter of personal opinion. My opinion was what I stated. Burger was not only huge, it was pretty dadgum good.

Hardee's has never been all that good in my opinion except for their bisquits for breakfast. It appears that they are trying to emerge into semi excellence with burgers. They may be getting there. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain.
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/07 02:30:40 (permalink)
Just read this article on Yahoo News.. A little bit of fact and a little humor:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041207/ap_on_he_me/fit_monster_burger
Farmallcub
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 55
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/07 04:46:09 (permalink)
I tried the Monster and I liked it. But I wish that Hardee's would bring back the Big Chef (Burger Chef) like thay did a few years back. Or may be thay could try the Big Scott (Sandy's). Both Chains were consumed by Hardees.
jeepguy
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/07 15:06:48 (permalink)
Not only are we discussing this Monster, the whole country is! It's everywhere! Even if it's discontinued it's got everybody talking about Hardee's. I'll give them kudos for that!
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/07 15:38:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chezkatie

Sounds disgusting and nearly vulgar to me" />" />" />" />

Awww, you're just PO'd because they don't put ketchup on it.
drpep
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 335
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/07 20:39:28 (permalink)
Didn't Hardees try the Monster Burger about 4-5 years ago? I remember being south after it came out but high triglyceride(sp?) numbers on a blood test scared me away from trying it.
jellybear
  • Total Posts : 1135
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/09 09:02:17 (permalink)
Hardees can try all they want but they will never get the Burger right.If they would just go back to the Flame Broiled Hardee Huskie of years ago they might win me back,but this Angus beef aint no Huskie.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/09 10:16:40 (permalink)
I dont get it!!! Here in Oklahoma the burger is king and the thought of my ever considering going to Hardees ( or its west coast twin!) for any other reason other then its the only bath room for 10 miles and i cant wait,,,,,,is totally foriegn to me. The Meers Stores Meersbuger is easyly as big---and ground in house from home raised Longhorns so i KNOW its as good! and onionburgers!!!!
zataar
  • Total Posts : 1440
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/09 21:26:28 (permalink)
Please tell me that I am not the only person who is absolutely revolted by the Hardee's ads that show a skanky woman shoving her fist in her mouth, followed by a young guy shoving drinking straws in his face in regard to these honkin' big burgers. I will never go there based entirely on those disgusting commercials.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/09 21:38:15 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by zataar

Please tell me that I am not the only person who is absolutely revolted by the Hardee's ads that show a skanky woman shoving her fist in her mouth, followed by a young guy shoving drinking straws in his face in regard to these honkin' big burgers. I will never go there based entirely on those disgusting commercials.

their ads have ALWAYS repulsed me---those ads that says"Some guys would starve to death without ...."---the idiots they decscribe-SHOUL starve-get them out of the gene pool!!! and the I'm so cool its ok that im a total slob as long as i get my burger...... aaarrrggg!!!!!
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/09 22:27:36 (permalink)

I'm not sure, but after reading this story from Indianapolis's NBC affiliate, I'm not to sure these burgers will go over good in Michigan anymore! http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=2666960&nav=9TaiTyps

hilldweller
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 168
RE: Hardee's Jummmmbo 2004/12/12 14:14:00 (permalink)
They must be doing something right. They made the NY Times editorial page:
quote:
Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Published: December 11, 2004

Dan Aykroyd once played a toy manufacturer on "Saturday Night Live" who sold children perilous products like bags of glass. If he branched into fast food, Mr. Aykroyd's character would probably have come up with Hardee's new Monster Thickburger, an artery-clogging mountain of Angus beef slabs, bacon, American cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame-seed bun. It weighs in at 1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat - quite possibly one of the most lethal pieces of food out there.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest calls it "the height of corporate irresponsibility." Jay Leno joked that it was being served in little cardboard boxes shaped like coffins. But Hardee's is hardly alone. Burger King's Double Whopper with cheese has more than 1,000 calories and more than 65 grams of fat, and Wendy's Classic Triple with cheese has 940 calories, with 56 grams of fat.

If restaurants want to serve food like this, they should print the calories and fat content on the overhead menus. But consumers have to be responsible, too, and start making the mental connection between gargantuan fast-food burgers and fries and heart attacks and strokes.

What is driving Hardee's is a simple fast-food formula: poor nutrition sells. The company says its sales have been up steadily since it introduced its Thickburger line last year. In its rollout of the Monster Thickburger, Hardee's has gamely played up the new burger's sheer excess with the ad slogan, "Be afraid. Be very afraid." It is a setback for public health, but a triumph for truth

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1