The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057

RC51Mike

• Total Posts: 443
    RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Wed, 04/19/06 8:15 PM (permalink)
    The name alone is making me gag much less actually eat such an abomination.

Sundancer7

RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Wed, 04/19/06 8:19 PM (permalink)
      Actually I would not but not because of the chain or taste. It is just too much for me. I tried one of their thickburgers and less than half was all I could consume.

Although there is a Hardees less than two miles from my residence, I seldom buy from them. I do like their bisquits but due to my age, HBP and various other old age problems, I do not go there.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
        RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Thu, 04/20/06 8:55 PM (permalink)
        I wish there had been a picture. i read about it elsewhere and thought it was just odd enough to be worth a try. Weither or not I could eat the whole thing in one sitting is another story. the monster is just that a MONSTER

MandalayVA

• Total Posts: 367
          RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 04/21/06 7:39 AM (permalink)
          I don't think Hardee's will be happy until someone drops dead from eating one of those monstrosities they're always coming up with.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
            RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 04/21/06 12:57 PM (permalink)

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
              RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 04/21/06 2:14 PM (permalink)
              Sooo... what's next?

The Hardee's Beef on Weck Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with thinly sliced roast beef in gravy smothered in horseradish piled on top and rock salt & caraway seeds on the bun)?

The Hardee's Calzone Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with a calzone piled on top)?

The Hardee's Chicken Fried Steak Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with a dinner plate sized chicken fried steak, smothered in cream gravy, piled on top)?

The Hardee's Ripper Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with two deep fried Jersey Ripper hot dogs piled on top)?

Tastytoo

• Total Posts: 271
                RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 04/21/06 8:07 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Niagara

Sooo... what's next?

Hardee's Sh*t on a Shingle. Or is that redundant?

Rev.Bucky

• Total Posts: 57
                  RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Sat, 04/22/06 3:09 AM (permalink)
                  quote:

Sooo... what's next?

The Hardee's Beef on Weck Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with thinly sliced roast beef in gravy smothered in horseradish piled on top and rock salt & caraway seeds on the bun)?

The Hardee's Calzone Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with a calzone piled on top)?

The Hardee's Chicken Fried Steak Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with a dinner plate sized chicken fried steak, smothered in cream gravy, piled on top)?

The Hardee's Ripper Thickburger (One third pound of Angus beef with two deep fried Jersey Ripper hot dogs piled on top)?

Rev.Bucky

• Total Posts: 57
                    RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Sat, 04/22/06 3:14 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Rev.Bucky

quote:

Sooo... what's next?

The scary thing is I woukd try the Calzone one and the ripper one, and I know somepeople who would eat the Chickenfried steak one!!

By the way, how do we edit out posts here. I wanted to respond, had to sign in, and it just posted that last one, sorry!

Tony Bad

RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Sat, 04/22/06 9:38 AM (permalink)

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                        RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 04/25/06 1:49 PM (permalink)
                        Jay Leno had some interesting things to say about this on the Tonight show last night.
                        900 calories and 63 grams of fat...bruuuuuup!

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                          RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 04/25/06 2:56 PM (permalink)
                          It's under 1000 calories. That's "lite" for Hardees.

And what about that porkchop burger, anyway?

Adjudicator

RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 04/25/06 9:13 PM (permalink)
                            As for moi, I am STILL waiting on the 3/4th inch smoked pork chop (boneless) loin burger with sauteed onions, mushroom gravy, fresh 'maters, bacon, and bacon fat infused collard greens (of course, smothered in buttery cheese grits and sausage gravy). I am tired of waiting. Will Hardee's ever get ANYTHING right??

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 792
                              RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 04/25/06 9:45 PM (permalink)
                              Looked in vain for a Hardees in my area.
                              Just as well.
                              My rationale would have been "Because it was there"

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                                RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Thu, 05/11/06 3:56 PM (permalink)
                                Rates right up there with the "McRib" or as I like to call it "McNasty". The Philly Steak/Burger combo gags me everytime I see a picture of it.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                  RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Thu, 05/11/06 5:03 PM (permalink)
                                  I'd sure give it a shot but would bet I would only get half way through it.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                    RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Thu, 05/11/06 5:20 PM (permalink)
                                    The philly cheesesteak part doesn't look like philly cheesesteak, it looks more like gyro meat. And I love gyros, but somehow, I don't think it tastes anyting like a gyro.

Which reminds me, Arby's has an all beef gyro? Gyros are at least 50% lamb to be a gyro. You can't stick any old meat in a pita and call it a gyro! I think I just found my WTF for the day!

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                                      RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 05/12/06 5:33 PM (permalink)
                                      Okay, based on popular demand I think we have the sandwich.

A 1/3 pound puck of Hardee's Clydesdale burger. A scoop of Arby's Naugameat with Horsey Sauce. A brick of McRib Porkene with BBQ sauce. Three strips of microwave Bake-on. Onions, tomato, ketchup, pickle, mayo or mustard as regionally accepted (we wouldn't want any green leafy matter to touch this). Question is, does it take one, two, or three tiles of hydrogenated Cheese-oelum?

And would adding a few Chickette McPellets be gilding the lily?

Would you like to supersize that?

Adjudicator

RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Fri, 05/12/06 7:11 PM (permalink)
                                        Forget the pseudo-chicken. However, I would not touch that without 2-3 slices of gassed tomatoes, though.

Sheetzaholic

• Total Posts: 51
                                          RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Sat, 09/23/06 9:56 AM (permalink)
                                          I have had this and would have it again. I only wish that they would make the Philly Cheesesteak Scrapple Pretzel Shoefly Pie Thickburger Value Meal. I had the PCSTB on my first Hardee's experience in Morgantown WV. They don't seem to have many north of the Mason-Dixon line. Only one in Pittsburgh area (Millvale).

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                                            RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Sat, 09/23/06 5:23 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by Tastytoo

quote:

Sooo... what's next?

Hardee's Sh*t on a Shingle. Or is that redundant?

I like their biscuits & gravy, SOS on a biscuit would probably be right up my alley.

John

Rowsdower98

• Total Posts: 132
                                              RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Mon, 09/25/06 10:06 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:

Lose the mystery meat above the patty and we'll talk. Hardees doesn't make a bad burger, (feel free to disagree) but adding crap to a good burger does not make it better. Quite the opposite, in fact.

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                                RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 09/26/06 10:54 AM (permalink)
                                                I've heard good things about this monstrosity (mostly from my brother, who will eat anything known to man. He once got thrown out of an all you can eat oyster bar-no lie) but to me, it just looks absolutely disgusting.

The commercial with the two guys talking with their mouths full doesn't help either.

Adjudicator

RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Tue, 09/26/06 6:52 PM (permalink)
                                                  "He once got thrown out of an all you can eat oyster bar..."

I'd like to hear the story behind THAT one...

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                                    RE: Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger Wed, 09/27/06 10:34 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by Adjudicator

"He once got thrown out of an all you can eat oyster bar..."

I'd like to hear the story behind THAT one...

When my brother was a teenager, he and his friends were very much into bodybuilding. So picture four very large and hungry teenagers, each packing away many buckets each. The poor manager of that place watched his profits slide down their throats, so he tossed them out. I'm pretty sure that happened to my brother more than once. He still has a huge appetite. I'm a fat guy myself but I've learned not to try and match him in eating and drinking.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                      • No New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                      • Read Message
                                                      • Post New Thread
                                                      • Reply to message
                                                      • Post New Poll
                                                      • Submit Vote
                                                      • Post reward post
                                                      • Delete my own posts
                                                      • Delete my own threads
                                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com