Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high?

Author
pinchofthyme
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/12/17 15:45:23 (permalink)

Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high?

4 Replies Related Threads

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? 2012/12/17 15:58:56 (permalink)
    the old box trucks would prolly be too high. but you could have made a platform with steps you could put down at each location. the newer trucks with the lower body would be better. some had a fiberglass body thou, I dont know if a health dept. would approve one without a major rehab inside.
    maybe find a older ice cream truck with the all metal bodys.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1980
    Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? 2012/12/17 15:59:20 (permalink)
    Someone that posts here on occasion has one, I saw one in a food truck pod when I was in Portland, OR a few weeks ago. I have also seen the van bodies turned into trailers.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1980
    Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? 2012/12/17 16:28:00 (permalink)
    I believe the member was dwags541, search through his posts, there are some pics of his truck somewhere.
    HotDogopolis
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re:Has any one used a U-Haul truck as a Food Truck? I thought the window would b high? 2012/12/17 17:40:53 (permalink)
    Strange. I have been obsessed with this idea for a while now. I checked out several uhaul/Ryder trucks recently. The 10' box truck is built on a van frame. That one seems like the serving window would be about right. All the rest of the box trucks are built on a truck frame, and they seemed like they would be too high.

I have been blown out by the weather too many times down here in Birmingham. Days where I decide not to set up, and then it ends up not raining. Days where it stops raining around noon, but it's too late to set up a cart. I think I would have much more flexibility using a truck. Now if we can just get the Birmingham City Counsil to leave us alone!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1