The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe?

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 3:19 PM (permalink)

I do not recall anyone ever posting about Mimi's Cafe.  I see that many states have a couple of them. I hate to admit it but I really like their food.  Breakfasts are huge and delicious....................a bargain compared to my local diners where they charge you  big for juice.

A couple of weeks ago, we had to stay in a hotel for three nights as we lost power and had no water.My daughter in law and two of the grandchildren and I went there for dinner and it was terrific.  The three course dinner was  $12,95 and consisted of soup or salad, entree and dessert.  I had delicious salmon, fresh asparagus and wonderful mashed potatoes for my entree.  I started with  Caesar's salad and  let my granddaughter select a dessert as I did not want it.
The restaurant is very attractive  and the service is very professional and excellent.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7597
    Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 3:27 PM (permalink)
    I've never eaten there, but I sold the owner, Mrs. Simms a couple fireplace screens.

I think that it's now a part of Bob Evan's.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
      Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 3:45 PM (permalink)
      closed up locally after less than a year, never went, is part of the Bob Evans chain

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
        Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 3:49 PM (permalink)
        Wow!  Hard to believe that it is owned by Bob Evans....................the food is much much better and  upscale.   The last time I went to a Bob  Evans, I swore that I would never gop again.  The susage gravy and biscuit was nearly as bad as the non-caring service that I received.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 6:29 PM (permalink)
          We used to take my Mom out to either breakfast or lunch (timing??) at the local MiMi's near her home in Orange County, CA. She loved the bright skylites etc that did give the place an open-air 'feeling', and the food was always quite good. I haven't been to one since we moved East, but the memories were good from our earlier visits.

plb

Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Tue, 02/15/11 7:42 PM (permalink)
            There is one close by in Allen, TX.  It is good and very popular.  I do not like eggs so I usually get a BLT for breakfast.  Their's is significantly less that those at the local Mom & Pops type places and as good or better.

Ralph Melton

Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Wed, 02/16/11 5:18 PM (permalink)
              There was a Mimi's Cafe in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure whether it was an instance of this chain; I remember that it had pretty stained glass windows, but when I went in, it looked like a neighborhood bar with not much food.
              That location is now closed.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Thu, 02/17/11 2:07 PM (permalink)
                Ralph
                  All of the Mimi's I have visited...3 or 4 out West, used stained glass dividers in the room(s) to split areas up into 'smaller' table areas. A lot of the stained glass was 'fake' , but the result was pretty impressive.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9548
                  Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Thu, 02/17/11 4:43 PM (permalink)
                  They have 12 locations in AZ. They started in Anaheim CA in 1978. I've been to 3-4 of them here in the Valley. All of them were good and busy, especially at weekend breakfast-lunch time. They are upgrading some of them to include bars and are calling them Mimi’s Cafe & Bistro. Probably to drive more Dinner business. One just opened in Scottsdale.
                  Good food, nice French Country Cottage atmosphere. Hope
                  Bob Evans doesn't screw it up!

Large Man

• Total Posts: 75
                    Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Thu, 02/17/11 9:35 PM (permalink)
                    Been to them in Tampa, Jax Fl., Denver Co and at the Mall of Ga.  It's a chain, but all have been consistant.  Good cobb salad, great muffins and I had the lamb shank there once on the special fall menu that was way better than I've ever cooked.  For a chain it is ok. 

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
                      Re:Has anyone ever been to a Mimi's Cafe? Sun, 02/20/11 7:18 AM (permalink)
                      There's one in Allen, TX that we patronized once for Sunday Breakfast:  think tepid eggs benedict served by a teen who could really give a #$&^.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com