The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Has anyone used a Wadden 24 flavor system to create "flavor burst" type soft serve?

josephmartins

• Total Posts: 33
Has anyone used a Wadden 24 flavor system to create "flavor burst" type soft serve? Sun, 06/27/10 12:24 PM (permalink)
I spoke to a Wadden rep yesterday and he claimed that the system can create "flavor burst" type ribbons of flavor and color as it dispenses soft serve but I cannot find a single online reference that shows a Wadden 24 flavor machine actually doing it.

I know it can be used to blend flavoring into ice cream.  But I don't want to blend it in.  I want the presentation to be similar to Taylor style flavor burst with a ribbon of color/flavor.  The main difference is that a Taylor is limited to a handful of flavors.

If you're using a Wadden (or AstroServer) to do flavor burst I'd love to hear from you.  I'm curious if it's an add-on that isn't in the product descriptions online.

I apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum.  I thought this might be the most appropriate place to ask this question.

Kind regards,

Joe
<message edited by josephmartins on Sun, 06/27/10 8:29 PM>

Midnights

• Total Posts: 188
    Re:Has anyone used a Wadden 24 flavor system to create "flavor burst" type soft serve? Sun, 10/13/13 1:15 PM (permalink)
    I was wondering the exact same thing. If anyone has any insight, I'd also love to hear it. Although the fact that this thread is three years old with no responses doesn't bode well. I have heard from the promo material that it ups profits a good deal without a huge expense, but I have yet to see anyone who actually uses it.

josephmartins

• Total Posts: 33
      Re:Has anyone used a Wadden 24 flavor system to create "flavor burst" type soft serve? Sun, 10/13/13 1:24 PM (permalink)
      Hi Midnights,

Unfortunately, not only did I never receive a response from anyone in this forum, I never found an example of a Wadden used for flavor burst locally or anywhere online.  

I would imagine with ice cream, a larger selection of flavors is always a good thing, especially if you're just flavoring a base. But I have no data to offer regarding the profitability of this approach versus a 2 or 3 flavor rig. Back then I decided not to go this route for the time being.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com