Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough?

Author
pizzamaker
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2011/10/24 07:42:17 (permalink)

Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough?

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum. I see there are other threads about Mellow Mushroom on this forum. I have experimented with many styles of pizza.  I was wondering if any member has ever worked at Mellow Mushroom back in the days when there was only one or a few Mellow Mushroom pizza businesses.  I recently ate at a Mellow Mushroom’s.  What I wonder if anyone knows the type of flour they use, if there is molasses in the dough, any refined or unrefined sugars, oil, or any other information someone might be able to provide.  Some friends of mine and myself are trying to experiment with making a pizza something like Mellow Mushroom and so far have gotten some decent results, but since there is no nutritional data for Mellow Mushroom, is there anything I am missing?
My friends have eaten at different Mellow Mushroom locations in the US and the sweetness in the crust seems to be different in different areas. I have read on the web, what might go into MM’s dough, but just wondered if someone has more information, or can add something.
I read on two of other Mellow Mushroom threads that MM’s is different than it was back when it was started.  I wonder what was different other than the dough balls are now made at a commissary.
Thanks for any help!
Norma
post edited by pizzamaker - 2011/10/24 07:43:57

18 Replies Related Threads

pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/24 17:54:21 (permalink)
    I thought I would add to my post above, to let other members know I do have a blog about some of the pizzas I have made.  I am an old lady, but find making many kinds of pizza interesting.  I put my pizza blog under my profile, (for my home page) if anyone is interested.

Norma
    post edited by pizzamaker - 2011/10/24 20:09:53
    Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 446
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/25 14:46:28 (permalink)
    Just wanted to wish you luck on your project, though I've nothing that I can contribute.  The Mellow Mushrooms of old were quite tasty!
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6243
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/25 15:13:15 (permalink)
    Pizza hut junk puts lots of sugar in their dough...chains do that!!!!
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 407
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/25 15:37:57 (permalink)
    I wish I knew! You are right, however, it's a unique dough. Someone told me it was a foccacia bread recipe, but I don't know if that's true or not.
    pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/25 23:47:44 (permalink)
    Heartbreaksoup,
    Thanks for wishing me luck on the MM’s project!  I wish I could have tasted the Mellow Mushrooms pies “back in the older days”.   
    leethebard,
    I know Pizza Hut puts sugar in their dough.  I have played around with different chains pizza attempts.
    kevincad,
    I tried another attempt at a MM’s dough today, and in the next few days will be putting the pictures on my blog.  It did taste like a MM’s pizza I recently tasted, but had more oven spring.  I think MM’s dough is a lower hydration dough, but am not sure.  Thanks for your help!
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 03:10:22 (permalink)
    I like your blog- lots of nice looking pizzas on there!
    pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 07:45:52 (permalink)
    jeepguy

I like your blog- lots of nice looking pizzas on there!

jeepguy,
    Thanks for saying you like my blog. Pizza is my passion, and learning to make about any kind of pizza is interesting to me.  I guess you could say I am somewhat of a pizza geek.  I love making pizzas at home, in my baker’s pride deck oven, my modded BBQ grill, and especially in my friends WFO.
    nkay
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 08:02:48 (permalink)
    Hi Norma ....  can you repost your blog address here .. I don't know how to get into your profile .... my hubby and I LOVE experimenting with pizza also and I am interested in checking out your blog !!

pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 08:48:24 (permalink)
    nkay

Hi Norma ....  can you repost your blog address here .. I don't know how to get into your profile .... my hubby and I LOVE experimenting with pizza also and I am interested in checking out your blog !!

nkay,

Since I am a new member, I don't think I can post links in my posts until I am a member for 30 days, because of spam.  If you just click on my name (pizzamaker) it should take you to my profile, where my blog can be looked at.  It will say home page visit.  Just click on that if you are interested in my blog.

Glad to hear your hubby and you do like to experiment with pizza.  Happy pizza making!

Norma
    post edited by pizzamaker - 2011/10/26 08:50:29
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2413
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 12:02:24 (permalink)
    I can get into your profile but don't see the blog..
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 14:07:01 (permalink)
    Rusty246:
    It is listed under "Home Page" under "Contact Information"
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2413
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/26 16:14:50 (permalink)
    6star

Rusty246:
    It is listed under "Home Page" under "Contact Information"

Ah HA!  Thank you, thank you very much!
    nkay
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/27 13:00:15 (permalink)
    pizzamaker

nkay

nkay,

Since I am a new member, I don't think I can post links in my posts until I am a member for 30 days, because of spam.  If you just click on my name (pizzamaker) it should take you to my profile, where my blog can be looked at.  It will say home page visit.  Just click on that if you are interested in my blog.

Glad to hear your hubby and you do like to experiment with pizza.  Happy pizza making!

Norma

Thanks Norma ...  I'm in ....this site looks amazing.  I will be visiting often !!
    nkay
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/27 13:00:15 (permalink)
    pizzamaker

nkay

nkay,

Norma

Thanks Norma ...  I'm in ....this site looks amazing.  I will be visiting often !!
    nkay
    Junior Burger
    pizzamaker

nkay

nkay,

Norma

nkay
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/27 13:00:16 (permalink)
    pizzamaker

nkay

nkay,

Norma

pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/10/27 14:20:56 (permalink)
    nkay

pizzamaker

nkay

nkay,

Norma

nkay,

On that website (not my blog), is where I learned to make all my pizzas.  If you stay there long enough, you will learn to make many kinds of pizzas.

Norma

pizzamaker
    Junior Burger
    Re:Has anyone worked at Mellow Mushroom years ago to know what is in their pizza dough? 2011/11/10 14:39:46 (permalink)
    russ.murray

I don't have any idea how to make it  but i wish to prepared this mushroom pizza

russ.murray,

Thanks for your response!  I am just trying to find out what "sweetener" is used in combination with molasses, if another "sweetener" is used.  I tried doughs with only molasses and that really isn't how MM's pies taste.  Either brown sugar or other sweeteners need to be added to make a pie that taste like MM's pies do.  MM's pizza crusts are very good in my opinion.  

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1