Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's!

Author
kland01s
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2835
2011/08/20 14:35:37 (permalink)

Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's!

Ok, I know there is the anti-chain group but when someone you know and haven't seen in a long time wants to finally see you and wants lunch and wants to go to Chili's..... you go. And much to my surprise, new on the menu is a Hatch chile cheeseburger! Well, I had to try it and it wasn't too bad. No kick to it but they also drown it in a pico kind of salsa that was mostly tiny tomato chunks and the Hatch was pretty mild, but it was better than any other non New Mexico attempt I've had.  Bigger surprise was that the server asked me how I wanted the burger cooked and it came out a nice rare side of medium as I asked. The server even asked me to cut into it to make sure it was to my liking. There are some surprises in the world.

9 Replies Related Threads

NascarDad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 336
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 10:55:14 (permalink)
    Does sound tasty, and I am pretty anti corporate chain.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8065
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 13:36:28 (permalink)
    Are they going to destroy the Hatch chili supply?

Wondering if they're using the real deal.

bosco lover
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 155
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 13:50:23 (permalink)
     i really dislike chilli's, but having never had a green chile burger and i don't see myself going out west anytime soon...
    don't know if i could go to chilli's just to try one but if i happen to be on the road and see a chilli's, i won't immediately rule it out
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7012
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 14:10:58 (permalink)
    I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Chilli's but when stuck in an airport it will do.  The best green chile burger can be had at Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe. 
    SeamusD
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1023
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 14:37:27 (permalink)
    The last meal I had at Chili's as it was the only place around open at the time, was their babyback ribs. Atrocious. One of the very few times I've ever sent food back. But also not planning on going out west anytime soon, so I might go try that burger out.

The only reason I'd go to Chili's these days is for 2 for 1 margarita and draft beer happy hour, have a few drinks and eat some chips and salsa. Well, not FOR that per se, but to hang out with friends that go there frequently, and it's close to home so I'm not going out of my way.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 15:13:39 (permalink)
    Just to let you all know that I have standards, I started traveling to New Mexico in 1978 and many years spent half of the year living there. I have had many GCCB's all over the State as well as a lot of the local food which I love. My last trip I concentrated on blue corn enchiladas so a cheeseburger was not on my agenda at that time. When I went to lunch with this friend this week I was really concrned about what I was going to order but the words "Hatch" caught my eye. I cannot verify these were Hatch chiles but they were a nice pepper but with not much bite. The accompanying pepper cheese and pico de gallo had most of the flavor but the burger itself was pretty good and prepared correctly to my taste. I was told by the server that this is now a permanent menu item but it was on a seperate sheet.  $3 margaritas during the week improve the taste too!
    SeamusD
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1023
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 15:56:07 (permalink)
    The Chili's website says it's "mild roasted Hatch green chile sauce" on the burger.

They also apparently have a Shiner Bock burger (has SB bbq sauce on it)... if they had the beer instead (here in NY, I mean), I might have a case for going there more often.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18627
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/22 17:35:12 (permalink)
    I just checked to see whether there are any Chili's restaurants around here and found there are two. I checked out the menu and found they do, indeed, have a burger with Hatch green chili sauce. But when I clicked on it to get a description I found the following:

"We do not currently offer menu information for this item for this perticular location. Please call or visit this location for additional information."

Based on that, I do believe I'll skip this PERTICULAR item.
    totillie
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:Hatch chile cheeseburger at........ Chili's! 2011/08/23 01:43:24 (permalink)
    From Chili's website:

Our signature Big Mouth® Burger with **mild** roasted Hatch green chile sauce [SAUCE?], jalapeño Jack cheese, cilantro-lime mayo and house-made pico de gallo.

pico de gallo? japlaeno jack chese? no. no. this is not a HGGC. It is not. and what is green 'chile' sauce? sorry. this is nowhere near authentic. don't even bother.

What an abomination. seriously. geez.  Have I mentioned that this is not good?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1